Russell Brand update: Three complaints were made to BBC about host’s behaviour before he was publicly accused of rape | The SunNovember 15, 2023
THREE complaints were made to the BBC about Russell Brand's behaviour before he was publicly accused of rape.
The comedian, 48, is now subject to five complaints relating to his time working as a radio host for the broadcaster between 2006 and 2008.
Two of the complaints have been made within the last two months and are understood not to be of a serious sexual nature.
But the other three complaints were made before Brand was accused of rape and sexual assault in September – when four women made claims to the Sunday Times and Channel 4's Dispatches programme.
Brand has vehemently denied any wrongdoing and insists his relationships were "always consensual".
One of the complaints was made to the corporation in 2019 regarding alleged misconduct at a BBC premises in Los Angeles 11 years earlier.
Read more news
As Russell Brand scandal sparks age of consent debate… should it be raised?
Actress accusing Russell Brand of 'sexual assault' says she felt 'disgusted'
The other two complaints were made to the corporation between 2006 and 2008 – during Brand's time as a radio host for the BBC Radio 2 and 6 Music.
The nature of these complaints has not been revealed, though.
Peter Johnston, director of the BBC's editorial complaints and reviews, is probing whether managers at the corporation were aware of the allegation and what action was taken.
At least ten women are understood to have come forward to make public claims against the comedian so far.
Most read in The Sun
WHERE EVIL LAY
Hamas ‘hospital base’ revealed as IDF video shows lair filled with weapons
Jonnie Irwin in heartbreaking update as terminally ill star reveals hospital dash
Moment ice hocky star whose skate slit Adam Johnson’s throat gets standing ovation
Becky humiliated Jamie racking up £3m court bill and now she’s splashing cash
Brand has been accused of rape, sexual assault, and abuse by four women including, one of whom was aged 16 at the time.
Channel 4's Dispatches programme, which aired on Channel 4 on September 16, one woman claimed she was sexually assaulted by Brand during a three-month relationship when she was 16.
Another alleged she was raped at his Los Angeles home in 2012.
The allegations also include emotional and physical abuse.
One of the claimants also says they were sexually assaulting while working as an actress on the set of a movie in 2010.
A lawsuit claims the Brand exposed himself to the woman on set before forcing her to perform sex acts on him in a bathroom stall.
The Sun is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.
Download our fantastic, new and improved free App for the best ever Sun Online experience. For iPhone click here, for Android click here.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSun and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSun.
Source: Read Full Article