Young mum, 20, dies after getting cheap £9 lip piercing at back-street parlour leaving her in coma | The Sun

Young mum, 20, dies after getting cheap £9 lip piercing at back-street parlour leaving her in coma | The Sun

July 13, 2022

A YOUNG mum has tragically died after getting a cheap £9 lip piercing that later at a back-street parlour.

Andressa Souza, 20, spent 24 days in intensive care in Dourados, Brazil,after her piercing got infected leaving her in a coma.

The 20-year-old mum who got sepsis from the piercing passed away on Saturday at the Hospital da Vida

Her devastated mum Maria Aparecida da Silva Oliveira, 47, told local media that the infection entered her bloodstream and travelled to her brain.

She said that medics explained the infection had affected had 37 per cent of her daughter's brain, Diario do Nordeste reports.

Maria said her daughter paid £9 (BRL 60) for the piercing, but she has no idea if the establishment was licensed to carry out the procedure.


Man falls to his death trying to save Apple Airpods he’d dropped out window

Sri Lanka’s president FLEES country in military jet after palace stormed

She said: "She did not mention anything to me about whether the person was a professional."

Maria added: "Around June 13, she began to feel unwell, with severe headaches and fever. 

"We thought it was dengue because there was an outbreak here in Itaporã. 

"We took her to the doctor and, until then, we thought that was it, because my other son had it too."

Most read in The Sun


Ed Sheeran’s baby daughter’s VERY unique name revealed after secret pregnancy


Jacques O'Neill quit villa after a FIGHT with Adam Collard, claim fans


I've been living a lie…my real name is not Mo Farah and I came to UK illegally


Moment Jacques breaks down in tears and QUITS on tonight's Love Island

Andressa leaves behind a husband and a three-year-old son.

Maria said: "He is also inconsolable because, as little as he is, he saw his mother in that situation. It is very difficult for him."

The woman was buried at the Cristo Redentor cemetery on Sunday.

Last year a 15-year-old schoolgirl died after piercing her own eyebrow at home.

Read More on The Sun

Now bin men say it’s TOO HOT to collect rubbish & trains delayed in heat

I’m a multimillionaire at 15, from choppers to yachts I’m SO exhausted

And a woman who wanted to get a cute ear piercing ended up being rushed to the hospital instead.

Anotherer woman had to spend six weeks in a foreign hospital after getting her ear pierced.

    Source: Read Full Article