Woman's life saved by £30 Puma rubber sliders after she got electrocuted vacuuming | The SunAugust 3, 2022
A WOMAN’S life was saved by her rubber sliders when she got a huge electric shock while vacuuming her artificial lawn.
Kerry Tattersley, 36, had been wearing the £30 pair when she went to remove a plug from an extension lead and touched a live current.
The contact resulted in an instant electric shock with enough force to fling her back into a nearby wall.
Support worker Kerry said: “I went to unplug the extension and the back plastic bit must have been loose.
“It fell off while I had hold of the plug and I got electrocuted.
“The pain was like a dull ache and a massive tingle through my body.
Read More on Cleaning
I’m a cleaning expert & this cheap household item can make steel appliances shine
I spotted a clever hack in hospital – now I’ll never change the bin another way
“I was running up and down my kitchen. My arms were shaking, but I couldn’t stop them. It was ‘eight out of ten’ pain.”
Following the shock, Kerry, of Halifax, West Yorks, suffered shortness of breath and called 111.
She said a paramedic explained her pulse was fast, her heart rate a little high and her hands were two different temperatures.
She was taken to Calderdale Royal Hospital and given an electrocardiogram (ECG).
Most read in News
Woman 'bitten by shark' during snorkelling trip off coast of Britain
Archie Battersbee's life support machine will be turned off tomorrow morning
I’m 61 & I’ve been spelling my name wrong my whole life… I even got a tattoo
I met my dream man in Morrisons – but he has a VERY embarrassing problem
Doctors believe her Puma rubber sliders acted as an insulator and stopped the electrical charge from the socket from reaching the ground through her body.
Kerry recalled how one medic pointed to her footwear and asked: “Are those what you were wearing at the time?”
Read More on The Sun
Full list of supermarkets slashing petrol prices including Sainsbury’s and Tesco
Man gets woman kicked off flight who misses her wedding – but people are split
She said: “I replied ‘yes’ and he said ‘well you’re lucky because they probably saved your life’.”
Kerry added: “I am better now. Just my arm and right hand are very weak. I can’t really hold a lot in it.”
Source: Read Full Article