Who is Constance Marten and when did she go missing? | The Sun

Who is Constance Marten and when did she go missing? | The Sun

January 19, 2023

POLICE are desperately searching for missing mum Constance Marten.

Constance Marten has been missing since January 5, 2023 – vanishing when the car she was driving in with her newborn baby and partner Mark Gordon broke down.

The couple were last seen leaving the M61 when the vehicle broke down and caught fire near Bolton.

Cops have since launched a desperate hunt for the mum, partner and baby as she recently gave birth "without an assessment by medical professionals".

Who is Constance Marten?

Constance Marten, 35, is the granddaughter of Mary Anna Marten – whose godmother was the late Queen Mother.

Her father, Napier Marten, was a page to Queen Elizabeth.

Read More in News

Moment daughter begs dad not to kill himself after he suffocated her mum

Plymouth killer called himself the ‘Terminator’ before unleashing massacre

The family used to own the Crichel Estate near Wimborne in Dorset.

Constance is now believed to be estranged from her aristocratic family.

Friends of Constance have described her as a ''talented actress'' who "could have gone very far".

Speaking to The Sunday Times, an old friend revealed that she had been a promising actress in her youth.

Most read in The Sun

HORROR FIND

Body of teen boy was found buried in makeshift grave with 20 stab wounds

HAZ BEEN

Americans turn on Harry and Meghan as popularity plummets in opinion poll

SHOW AXED

BBC show scrapped under mysterious circumstances leaving TV insiders confused

TATT'S DIFFERENT

Trolls rinse me for my back tattoo but I don’t care – it makes sex better

The former classmate at East 15 drama school in Essex, where Constance studied acting, said: "She was just beautiful, full of life, full of kindness . . . and she was very, very talented.

"Just a stunning person inside and out. I was kind of bowled over by her really."

When did Constance Marten go missing?

Constance Marten, her baby, and her partner Mark Gordon have been missing since their vehicle broke down near junction four of the M61, near Bolton on January 5, 2023.

The pair were on the M61 motorway on January 5 when their car broke down and caught fire.

They then walked to Anchor Lane Bridge, where they got in a taxi and travelled to Liverpool before getting another to Harwich, Essex.

On January 6 and January 7, the missing couple were spotted around Colchester, where they took another cab and made their way to East Ham station in East London.

Police now believe both Constance and Marten know how to evade the authorities as they are always covering their faces when captured on CCTV.

The couple have a substantial amount of money from Constance's multi-million trust fund that will allow them to live off-grid.

They are using cash as a means to pay for taxis and places to stay, including renting AirBnBs for brief periods across the country since September.

They also have no luggage with them after most of their belongings were destroyed in the car fire.

Detective Superintendent Lewis Basford, who is leading the investigation, said: “It has now almost been two weeks since Mark and Constance’s car broke down on the M61 near Bolton and they have been on the move all that time with a newborn baby.

“As far as we are aware, neither Constance nor the baby have received medical attention since it was born. Our priority is to ensure the baby, and indeed both Constance and Mark, are safe and well.

“Once again, I appeal directly to you Constance, and Mark. Please do the right thing for your baby and get in touch with us so that we know that you are all doing okay.”

Anyone with information has been urged to call the incident room on 020 7175 0785.

Alternatively, information can be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

What has Napier Marten said about her?

Constance's dad, Napier Marten, who was a page to Queen Elizabeth, has now begged his daughter to find safety.

In a heartfelt plea, Napier Marten told The Independent: "Darling Constance even though we remain estranged at the moment, I stand by, as I have always done and as the family has always done, to do whatever is necessary for your safe return to us.

“I beseech you to find a way to turn yourself and your wee one in to the police as soon as possible, so you and he or she can be protected. Only then can a process of healing and recovery begin, however long it may take, however difficult it may be.

“I would like you to understand that the family will do all that is needed for your well-being. And I also wish you to understand you are much much loved whatever the circumstances.

“We are deeply concerned for your and your baby’s welfare.”

Who is Mark Gordon?

Mr Marten's emotional plea came after it was revealed Gordon, 48,is a convicted sex offender who served 20 years in US jail for rape and battery.

He was put behind bars following an attack on a woman in Florida when he was just 14.

He served his sentence in Florida before being deported back to the UK in 2010.

Read More on The Sun

Kerry Katona reveals huge hair transformation as she returns to her ‘old self’

Warning as popular drinks ‘increase your risk of heart attack and stroke’

Mr Marten also added that the family was aware of Gordon's conviction and lived in "great concern" as a result.

Gordon is reported to have met Constance Marten in 2016.

Source: Read Full Article