Urgent hunt for serial sex attacker after FOUR schoolgirls aged 13 to 17 assaulted in South East London in a monthJanuary 31, 2022
POLICE have launched an urgent hunt for a serial sex attacker after four schoolgirls were assaulted in a month.
The victims, aged between 13 and 17, were targeted in South East London.
Three of the horror sex attacks took place within just six days of each other last week.
The Met Police have now released a CCTV image of a man they wish to speak to in a desperate bid to track down the fiend.
It shows a hooded man wearing a face mask with officers saying they believe the attacks could be linked.
The first incident unfolded on December 16 on Hoveton Road when a 13-year-old girl was followed by a man as she got off a bus.
She was groped but the attacker fled when she screamed.
On January 12, a 16-year-old girl was shoved against a fence and assaulted by a man in Poplar Place who asked her directions.
Most read in The Sun
Dembele linked with United move, Cristiano Ronaldo joins United WhatsApp
Mason Greenwood arrested on suspicion of rape & GBH after domestic abuse claim
Danniella Westbrook threatens BBC with legal action after EastEnders recasts her
Wycombe's Akinfenwa furiously confronts MK Dons fans over abusive chant
The next day, a girl, 17, was followed off a bus in Artillery Place, Greenwich into a nearby property.
She was tripped to the ground and sexually touched while on the floor.
Then on January 18, a 16-year-old was walking down Kentlea Road when she was approached by a man asking for directions.
The girl attempted to walk away but the fiend grabbed her and assaulted her before she was able to escape.
DS James Robinson, who is leading the investigation, said: “We know these incidents will cause concern within the community and we are doing all we can to identify the person responsible.
“We are also asking for your help – if you recognise the man in this image or have any information that could assist us, no matter how small, then contact us as soon as possible.”
Greenwich Council said it was "truly appalled" by the attacks and said it is "working closely with the police to do everything in our power to bring the perpetrator to justice".
It added in a statement: "Thanks to the bravery of the victims, who managed to get away and later contacted the authorities, we have an idea of what the perpetrator looks like."
Anyone with information can call police on 101 with CAD reference 2916/21JAN22.
Source: Read Full Article