Personal trainer died after drinking caffeine powder drink as strong as 200 cups of coffee

Personal trainer died after drinking caffeine powder drink as strong as 200 cups of coffee

March 2, 2022

A DAD died after accidentally downing caffeine powder as strong as 200 cups of coffee, an inquest heard.

Personal trainer Thomas Mansfield, 29, bought it to make supplement drinks.


But he “necked” a mixture containing around seven times the recommended dose after a weighing error.

Widow Suzannah, of Colwyn Bay, North Wales, saw him “clutching his chest” and frothing at the mouth in January 2021.

He was pronounced dead at hospital, the inquest in Ruthin heard.

The cause was caffeine toxicity.

Coroner John Gittins said the makers will now provide a measuring scoop.

Verdict: Misadventure.

Most read in The Sun

GET OUT NOW

Russia issues chilling warning for Ukrainians to flee parts of Kyiv NOW

OH BROW

I'm a mum and get threatened with social services over having UK's biggest EYEBROWS

PUTINY!

Russian marines ‘MUTINY on warship and refuse to fight in Ukraine', reports claim

QUIDS IN

Utd confirm Solskjaer's multi-million pound pay-off in latest financial figures

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?

Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4104. You can WhatsApp us on 07423 720 250. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours

Click here to get The Sun newspaper delivered for FREE for the next six weeks.

    Source: Read Full Article