PA pride event has shirtless instructor teaching kids to pole danceAugust 5, 2022
Fury as Pennsylvania gay Pride sees shirtless male hairdresser teach kids how to POLE DANCE as he defends the ‘avenue for fitness and artistry’ that ‘operated at the highest level of ethical behavior’
- The Pride Festival of Central Pennsylvania was held in Harrisburg on July 30 with a main stage, drag stage and kids’ zone
- Footage shared on social media showed pole dance instructor and hairdresser Mikee Bentz teaching a boy in a rainbow tutu how to pole dance
- The child’s parent captioned the clip: ‘My kiddo is a natural!’ – comments which angered conservatives, who said it was inappropriate
- Organizers described the pole dancing as ‘a vehicle of fun and exercise at last weekend’s Pride Festival’
- Bentz said he was ‘proud to offer Harrisburg/Central Pennsylvania an avenue for fitness, creativity, artistry, and expression’
A Pennsylvania hairdresser has defended teaching a young boy to pole dance at a Pride event, describing the activity as ‘an avenue for fitness, creativity, artistry, and expression’.
Mikee Bentz, from Harrisburg, spoke out after footage of him shirtless teaching a young boy in a rainbow tutu to pole dance went viral.
The footage was taken at the Pride Festival of Central Pennsylvania, held on July 30 in Harrisburg. ‘My kiddo is a natural!’ the boy’s parent captioned the clip.
The little boy in his rainbow tutu is seen being helped by Bentz get onto the pole
The child soon picks up how to swirl around the pole at the Pennsylvania event with several onlookers
A shirtless Bentz shouts encouragement as the boy clings to the pole
The boy is filmed flying around the pole, as his parent cheers him on
The crowd looks on approvingly as the boy shows off his new skill
Many found the footage troubling, calling it ‘inappropriate’ and unnatural, and describing it as ‘grooming’ – but Bentz insisted it was a creative outlet.
‘I am proud to offer Harrisburg/Central Pennsylvania an avenue for fitness, creativity, artistry, and expression in businesses that are not only operated at the highest level of ethical behavior, but that also take into account inclusivity and a deep appreciation for protecting the environment,’ said Bentz, speaking to Fox News.
The organizers of the Pride festival, which featured a main stage, drag stage and kids’ zone, also defended the activity.
‘The Pride Festival of Central Pennsylvania stands behind the actions of Mr Bentz whose Metro Enterprises provided nothing more than a vehicle of fun and exercise at last weekend’s Pride Festival,’ a spokesperson said.
Yet critics were unimpressed.
‘This is profoundly inappropriate. Gays who promote this type of grooming are doing such a disservice to gay people,’ tweeted Tristan Justice, a reporter with The Federalist.
Political commentator Matt Walsh added: ‘I will never support any Republican candidate on any level of government who does not pledge to use every available legal means to put a stop to this sort of thing and punish all those responsible.’
Source: Read Full Article