Moment TikToker, 24, plays on phone after murdering mother's toyboy

Moment TikToker, 24, plays on phone after murdering mother's toyboy

August 4, 2023

Chilling moment killer TikToker, 24, plays on her phone with pals moments after murdering her married mother’s toyboy in 100mph fireball crash in warped bid to stop him from exposing affair by leaking a sex tape

  • Mahek Bukhari and her mother Ansreen Bukhari rammed the men’s car off road

A TikTok influencer was spotted using her phone while walking casually alongside two of those involved moments after murdering her mother’s toyboy lover and his innocent friend by ramming their car off the road in a 100mph chase.

YouTube and TikTok content creator Mahek Bukhari, 24, and her mother Ansreen, 46, hatched a plot to silence Ansreen’s lover Saqib Hussain after he threatened to expose his affair with her by leaking their sex tape.

He was killed in a 100mph fireball crash alongside his innocent friend Hashim Ijazuddin, both 21, after their Skoda was deliberately rammed off the A46 dual carriageway near Leicester by balaclava-wearing assailants in two pursuing cars on February 11 last year.

The mother and daughter were found guilty of two counts of murder alongside two co-defendants on Friday, while three others were found guilty of manslaughter and an eighth person was acquitted on both charges. 

Video footage captured shortly after the murders shows Mahek walking nonchalantly alongside two of her co-defendants, appearing completely immersed in her phone.

TikTok influencer Mahek Bukhari (right) and her mother Ansreen Bukhari (left) have been found guilty of murder 

Mahek Bukhari (pictured) gave a rambling police interview in which she insisted she was a ‘very good driver’ before giving a false account of how the crash took place

Wearing a pink jacket, blue trousers and white trainers, she looked calm and collected alongside six other people who were all dressed in black. 

Other footage shows Mahek just hours after the crash, sat on the edge of a sofa in a pink onesie as she told officers: ‘So at first we stayed here then we went straight to Nottingham.’

Her lies continued in police interview, where she spoke animatedly while giving a rambling account of witnessing a traffic accident in which she squared the blame at two other vehicles.

Insisting she was ‘a very good driver’, she alleged a blue Seat Leon came into view from the right-hand side before a silver car cut in front of her.

She said: ‘This car was agitating the blue car. It was just harassing and this silver car was not letting the blue car go.

‘I went past and got further away and then the blue car caught up with me. All I heard was a bang when the silver car hit the blue car.

‘I said to my mum, ‘What’s going on? Are they drunk? What are they trying to do to this blue car?”’

Continuing her description, she claimed at one point she turned around and ‘the silver car was just gone’.

Yet a jury today saw through the lies and convicted her of the killings. 

Ms Bukhari had boasted of more than 126,000 followers on TikTok and a further 43,000 on Instagram before her arrest.

She regularly shared snippets of her life, including outfits, make-up and handbags, and has also appeared in videos alongside her mother.

The scene of the wreckage of Mr Ijazuddin’s car on the A46 in February last year

Dressed in a pink onesie, Mahek (left) was remarkably assured just hours after the crash as she told police that she and her mother had been to Nottingham

Mahek Bukhari (left) and her mother Ansreen Bukhari (right)have been found guilty of the murders of Saqib Hussain and Mohammed Hashim Ijazuddin in a high-speed car chase in February 2022

Mahek and her mother Ansreen appear solemn as they arrive at Leicester Crown Court, where both were convicted of murder

Saqib Hussain (pictured), 21, was killed after having an affair with Mahek’s mother Ansreen Bukhari. In a 999 call moments before his death, which was played to the court, he said: ‘They’re trying to kill me, they’re trying to kill me. I’m just getting rammed off the road’

Mr Hussain friend, driver Mohammed Hashim Ijazuddin (pictured), also 21, was in ‘the wrong place at the wrong time’ as he was killed when the pair were forced off the road by Bukhari and her associates

Jurors deliberated for more than 28 hours before returning a verdict finding the mother and daughter guilty of two counts of murder. 

Fellow defendants Rekhan Karwan and Raees Jamal were also found guilty of two counts of murder – while Natasha Akhtar, Ameer Jamal and Sanaf Gulamustafa were all found not guilty of murder, but guilty of two counts of manslaughter. Mohammed Patel was found not guilty of murder or manslaughter.

The victims, from Banbury in Oxfordshire, were in a Skoda chased by Audi and Seat vehicles containing the eight defendants.

Mahek was said to have taken part in the ambush after Mr Hussain threatened to use sexually explicit material to expose a long-running affair he had with her mother. 

The court was told Mr Ijazuddin’s Skoda Fabia ‘split in two’ and caught fire after hitting a tree at the Six Hills junction in the early hours of February 11 last year. 

Prosecutors said Mr Hussain was ‘lured’ into meeting with the Bukharis on the pretence of giving him back the £3,000 he said he had spent on taking his lover out during their tryst.

Instead, Mr Hussain and Mr Ijazuddin, who had driven his friend to Leicester for the meeting as a ‘favour’, were ambushed and then chased before the fatal crash.

Mahek Bukhari, 24, was said to have taken part in the ‘ambush’ after Mr Hussain threatened to use sexually explicit material to expose a long-running affair he had with her 46-year-old mother Ansreen.

Mahek Bukhari, 24, is a TikTok influencer

Footage shows the Skoda Fabia (green arrow) enter the Tesco car park in Hamilton before leaving again. The Seat Leon vehicle (blue arrow) then also leaves the car park followed by the Audi TT (red arrow)

Traffic cam footage shows the victims’ Skoda Fabia (green) travelling as the Seat Leon (blue) and Audi (red) travel behind

The blue Seat Leon involved in the crash which killed the two 21-year-olds was left with damage to its front left corner

Mahek Bukhari and her mother, both of George Eardley Close, Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent, had denied two counts of murder.

Judge Timothy Spencer KC thanked the jury, made up of five men and seven women, for their ‘remarkable’ service and excused them from jury duty for the next 30 years. 

The defendants will be sentenced on September 1.

Detective Inspector Mark Parish, of the East Midlands Major Crime Unit, said: ‘It’s been an extremely long investigation and it’s a massive amount of work that has gone into this.

‘We’re satisfied at the end of it. We presented a really good case, a really strong case.

‘For the [victims’] families, it’s not the end of the road, but it’s at least some closure for them from a court perspective and they have clearly been with us every day through this investigation.

‘For all parties, it’s a relief.’

The defendants originally stood trial in October last year but the trial collapsed last December over a jury irregularity, with the retrial beginning in April.

Before remanding them into custody, the judge today said: ‘You know the sentence will be very serious.’

After his death, Mr Hussain’s family would later tell detectives he had been having a three-year affair with the older woman, who was married with children.

Mr Hussain ‘appeared to be in love’ with Mrs Bukhari, whom he knew as Anzy, while her daughter, 24, was ‘aware of the relationship, and was happy to tolerate it, if not approve of it’, said Mr Thompson.

Speaking after the verdict was delivered, Mr Ijazuddin’s family said in a statement: ‘Everyone who knew Hashim loved him. His death is not just a massive loss to our family but also to our whole community. 

‘Hashim would always put others first and wouldn’t hesitate to help others if they needed it. 

‘On that tragic day, he was simply helping his friend and this resulted in his death. 

‘It has been extremely painful not only losing Hashim at such a young age but also in the circumstances in which we lost him.’ 

The family of Mr Hussain said they had been ‘shattered’ by the ‘senseless act’ which killed him. 

They added: ‘We are still struggling to come to terms with the enormity of our loss. ‘I do not feel that we have received justice as we have now got a life sentence. 

‘I never imagined that I would have to bury one of my children, that I would spend every waking moment suddenly expecting him to come back and tell me everything is OK, endlessly searching for his face whenever I am in public even though I know it is impossible. 

‘This grief of losing Saqib has further been compounded by having to relive the horror of my son’s death over and over again in court.’ 

In a 999 call made before his death which was played to Leicester Crown Court on Monday, he said: ‘They’re trying to kill me, they’re trying to kill me. ‘I’m just getting rammed off the road.’ He can then be heard saying: ‘Please, I am begging you.’

Fellow defendants Rekhan Karwan (left) and Raees Jamal (right) were also found guilty of two counts of murder

(Left to right) Natasha Akhtar, Ameer Jamal and Sanaf Gulamustafa were found not guilty of murder but guilty of two counts of manslaughter

Footage showed the group of defendants walking in Gipsy Road after the crash

The 24-year-old was said to have ‘tolerated’ her mother’s affair with Hussain, but took action when he threatened to expose it

Pictured is the scene of the crash on the A46 near Six Hills, Leicestershire

Mr Hussain was heard to say ‘Oh my God’, before there was a scream, with the call cutting off abruptly at the sound of an impact.

Footage from police attending the crash scene, at about 1.35am, showed the Skoda in flames, resting against a tree by the Six Hills junction near Leicester.

The Seat Leon involved in the chase was found just four hours later being driven by Natasha Akhtar, with the Audi involved linked to Mahek Bukhari’s home just eight hours later.

CCTV and ANPR footage, combined with mobile phone GPS data, allowed the remaining occupants of the two vehicles during the chase to be identified and charged within five weeks as officers built the case.

But Ansreen Bukhari had wiped her phone of all contact with Mr Hussain prior to handing it over to police and Mahek provided the wrong PIN for her device, meaning some crucial details were only found shortly before the first trial, Mr Parish said.

The breakthrough finally came when data became available from Mr Hussain’s phone, which was destroyed in the crash.

Mr Parish said: ‘We were able to obtain the phone data from Saqib’s destroyed phone, which showed the contents, the phone calls, the social media and more importantly the photographs of him and Ansreen Bukhari that really brought the whole investigation together.’

He said it showed there had been a sexual relationship between them, which was something they denied.

The trial heard how Mr Hussain had blackmailed Mrs Bukhari with sexually explicit material after she had broken off their affair in January 2022.

The Crown’s KC, Collingwood Thompson, said that Mr Hussain ‘could not accept that decision’ and became ‘increasingly obsessive’, threatening to send the material to his former lover’s husband.

Ansreen confided in her daughter, who sent her mother a message on January 4 2022 which read: ‘I’ll get him jumped by guys and he won’t know what day it is.’

The jury were told that other co-defendants were recruited over social media to ‘ambush’ Mr Hussain and Mr Ijazuddin in order to ‘silence him permanently’.

After finally gaining access to Mahek’s phone, officers found a host of WhatsApp messages between her and Mr Hussain, in one of which she told him: ‘I am sorry that this year you’ll be gone, Saqib.’

It also showed that Mahek had spoken to 29-year-old Karwan prior to Mr Hussain’s murder regarding the situation her mother was in.

Karwan then recruited Raees Jamal, 23, and others to ‘set a trap’ for Mr Hussain and Mr Ijazuddin, who had travelled to Leicester from Banbury, Oxfordshire.

Speaking about the role social media played in the case, Mr Parish said: ‘The dynamics of those devices, networks and platforms means it is more difficult but not impossible to identify and capture.

‘We’ve managed to achieve that and we’ve managed to achieve a considerable amount of evidence to support this investigation.

‘The world of social media does offer different challenges to the police and investigations, against the traditional phone calls and text messages, but it’s not impossible to capture.’

The court heard how ‘completely innocent’ Mr Ijazuddin agreed to drive his friend to Leicester that night and had been ‘in the wrong place at the wrong time’, with the favour to Mr Hussain turning out ‘to be a tragic and fatal mistake’, prosecutors said.

Source: Read Full Article