Meghan Markle’s mum Doria Ragland ‘supports’ her leaving UK with Prince Harry after ‘anxiety attacks’ – The Sun

Meghan Markle’s mum Doria Ragland ‘supports’ her leaving UK with Prince Harry after ‘anxiety attacks’ – The Sun

January 13, 2020 By mediabest

MEGHAN Markle's mum fully supports her decision to step down from Royal duties after she started suffering anxiety attacks, a pal claims.

The Duchess of Sussex's 63-year-old mother, Doria Ragland, has given her actress daughter her full backing after she and Prince Harry decided to move part-time to Canada.


An insider to The Mail Doria "was really worried about Meghan… and is relieved that her daughter is putting her mental health and well being first".

Harry and Meghan today rejected the Queen's wish to stay as full-time royals after a crunch Megxit summit – and are now set to seal their exit within days.

Her Majesty said tonight she "would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family" but the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are insistent on leaving.

The couple will now go through a "period of transition" that will see them "create a new life as a young family" and spend time in both Canada and the UK.

"Heartbroken" Harry, 35, was locked in gruelling two and a half hour crunch talks at the Norfolk estate with the Queen, Prince William and dad Charles this afternoon.

The Queen tonight released a strikingly personal statement after the summit at Sandringham – reflecting her sadness at the situation.

A friend of Meghan also revealed she has "no intention" of ever returning to the UK to live.

The Duchess previously admitted to struggling after the birth of Archie, as the friend explained Meghan was "miserable in the UK" and "wasn’t sleeping well and started having anxiety attacks about her future."

THE NEXT STEPS: What today's summit means for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's future

The Queen tonight made it clear she wanted the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to remain 'full-time members' of the Royal Family.

However, the couple stuck to their guns during the crunch talks at Sandringham – insisting they wanted to live a more "independent life".

This means they will spend time in Canada and the UK as they raise their son Archie.

During the summit at the Norfolk estate, they also insisted they would become financially independent – no longer relying on the public purse.

And while Her Majesty's statement hinted at her sadness that Meghan and Harry would be moving on, the Royal Family can now work on the finer details over just what the couple's new life will look like.

Royal aides are now expected to thrash out the finer details of just how the couple will create a "new life as a young family" together.

These discussions are likely to include whether the couple continue to use their HRH titles, and how they will keep their royal duties separate from their private work.

Other details to be discussed are expected to be how their security will be handled, and what, if anything, will happen to their patronages.

The 93-year-old monarch made it clear she wanted to see the "complex matters" to be reached as soon as possible.

A further announcement as to the couple's future is expected to be revealed "in the coming days".

The friend added: 'This was her plan all along, to eventually leave the UK and build her own empire with Harry.

"Doria is very much about being true to oneself and so of course she will continue to encourage Meghan to take the road less travelled."

In her statement, Her Majesty offered her full support to the couple, but tinged with regret that they couldn't be persuaded to stay.

The 93-year-old monarch said: "Today my family had very constructive discussions on the future of my grandson and his family. My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan’s desire to create a new life as a young family.

"Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family.

"Harry and Meghan have made clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives.

"It has therefore been agreed that there will be a period of transition in which the Sussexes will spend time in Canada and the UK.

"These are complex matters for my family to resolve, and there is some more work to be done, but I have asked for final decisions to be reached in the coming days."






Source: Read Full Article