Meghan Markle and Archie 'spoke to Queen before Prince Philip's funeral' & with Harry every day during ‘difficult’ trip

Meghan Markle and Archie 'spoke to Queen before Prince Philip's funeral' & with Harry every day during ‘difficult’ trip

April 22, 2021

MEGHAN Markle and her son Archie spoke to the Queen before Prince Philip’s funeral on Saturday, it was reported.

The 39-year-old Duchess of Sussex also spoke to Prince Harry every day during what was a “difficult” trip for him.

🔵 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest updates

Harry left the UK yesterday – flying back to the US to be with his pregnant wife Meghan Markle as the Queen today marked her 95th birthday in the UK.

During his trip, Meghan and Archie spoke with Her Majesty, People magazine reports.

“Meghan and Harry have been in touch every day. She knows the trip to England has been difficult for Harry," a source told the magazine.

It comes as:

  • Prince Harry misses the Queen's 95th birthday and lands back in LA
  • Prince Andrew security scare as woman arrested wandering around grounds days after Philip's funeral
  • We pay tribute to our longest-serving monarch with 95 special moments of Majesty
  • ‘Normal mum’ Kate Middleton spotted shopping with George & Charlotte – who had a strict pocket money budget

“He didn't want to leave Meghan and Archie alone. Meghan has insisted to him every day though that they are fine. She hasn't wanted him to worry.

“Meghan spoke with Harry before his grandfather's funeral. Meghan and Archie also spoke with the Queen earlier this week.”

The Duke of Sussex met the Queen privately "at least twice" and spoke to Charles and William after Prince Philip's funeral, a pal has claimed.

Omid Scobie reported the Harry met with his grandmother after he flew to the UK to mourn the death of his grandfather the Duke of Edinburgh.

But Mr Scobie said Harry had been able to speak with his grandmother "at least twice" during his time back in Britain.

It is the first time Harry has been able to speak to the Queen in person since his explosive interview with Oprah that saw the Sussexes claim they had faced racism in the Royal Family.

The reporter and co-author of biography Finding Freedom wrote in "The love and respect he has for his grandmother will always be unwavering.

“This trip was to honour the life of his grandfather and support his grandmother and relatives.

"It was very much a family-focused period of time. Saturday broke the ice for future conversations but outstanding issues have not been addressed at any great length.

"The family simply put their issues to one side to focus on what mattered.”

Scobie co-wrote Finding Freedom, an explosive book telling the story of the Duke and Duchesses decision to step away from royal life – although they claim they had no input.

And he today confirmed Harry stayed at Frogmore Cottage in the grounds of Windsor Castle while he was in the country.

Harry saw a number of family members, a source told Scobie, including Princess Eugenie and her newborn son.

He also had the first face-to-face conversations with his dad and brother since officially stepping down as senior royals last year.


The Queen is celebrating her 95th birthday today, after Harry touched down back in the US yesterday.

She issued a personal message thanking the nation for support and kindness following Prince Philip's death.

It was thought Harry might stay to see his grandmother on her birthday, after buying an open-ended ticket – but with pregnant Meghan Markle at home in the US he rushed back.

Scobie claims while no plans have been officially confirmed, Prince Harry is expected to come back to the UK in July.

This would be for the unveiling of a statue of his late mum, Princess Diana.

He is thought to be planning to join brother William for a ceremony at Kensington Palace, rescheduled from last summer.

Harry flew to Los Angeles on an American Airlines flight from London, which arrived at LAX shortly after 1.30pm local time on Tuesday.

His black 4×4 was seen leaving the airport’s private terminal minutes after the plane landed and was spotted again arriving in Montecito at around 4pm.

    Source: Read Full Article