Girl, 8, dies after being raped ‘by 16 men including her relatives’ for three years – The Sun

Girl, 8, dies after being raped ‘by 16 men including her relatives’ for three years – The Sun

February 18, 2020

AN EIGHT-year-old girl who was raped by 16 men including some of her family members over a period of three years, has died in hospital.

According to local reports, the little girl was taken to a hospital after falling unconscious in her bathroom at home.

Before losing consciousness, the eight-year-old had complained about stomach problems.

After hearing no answer from the other side of the door, her worried parents broke down the bathroom door brought her straight to the hospital.

The girl was brought to a hospital in Chennai, the capital city of the Indian State of Tamil Nadu.

As soon as they arrived at the hospital the girl was declared dead.

The police are waiting for the postmortem report to ascertain the exact cause of her death.

The deceased girl's stepfather told local media she was an intelligent child and aspired to be a police officer.

The little girl’s case first surfaced last year when her mum told police that up to 16 men, all related to the girl, had been raping her 2017.

Her 10-year-old sister was also allegedly raped during this time.

The parents of the girls went to the police after noticing behavioural changes in both of them in 2019.

According to local media, they suffered from disturbed sleep, random fear, sudden shivering and did not allow people to touch them.

According to local media, the 16 accused men have been arrested and are currently being held in police custody.

This is another example of the deepening rape crisis happening across India.

In November 2018, a four-year-old girl was gang-raped by four men while being treated in a hospital’s intensive care unit.

The little girl was left alone in the ICU while being treated for a snake bite.

One man was held in custody while the police searched for the other three men.

In April of that year, two young girls were found dead after being sexually assaulted.

One of the girls was found lying face down in a cricket pitch in the city of Surat after being sexually assaulted with sticks.

The other girl, seven-years-old, was found dead in a building in Etah after being abducted from a wedding she had gone to with her parents.

Source: Read Full Article