From fried chicken to fish & chips, here are the perfect portion sizes for Britain's favourite takeaways according to health chiefsFebruary 8, 2019
We revealed yesterday how chippies are using smaller boxes for fish suppers – with space for around 15 fewer chips and a third less cod – to reduce the meal calorie count by about 1,000.
Public Health England recommends eating around 600 calories for a main meal.
Here, Sun nutritionist Amanda Ursell shows what that looks like on your takeaway plate.
Sweet & sour chicken
Chicken tikka masala
Fish & chips
Burger & chips
SWAP CHIPS FOR SALAD
- FEWER chips. Fill the space on plate with veg.
- SHARE rice or naan between two, add salad.
- NEVER supersize a meal. Staff are trained to tempt you into it.
- EAT slowly. It does help you feel fuller sooner.
- GOT a story? Ring The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or email [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article