Britain's youngest convicted terrorist, 13, who led neo-Nazi cell from gran's cottage is given 2-year sentence

Britain's youngest convicted terrorist, 13, who led neo-Nazi cell from gran's cottage is given 2-year sentence

February 8, 2021

BRITAIN’S youngest convicted terrorist who led a neo-Nazi cell from his gran's house was today sentenced to a two-year youth rehabilitation order.

The boy, 13, gathered terrorist material online and spouted vile racist, homophobic and anti-Semitic views in chatrooms.


He spoke about "gassing" Jewish people, hanging homosexuals and wanting to "shoot up their parades" in chilling exchanges.

The warped teen, now 16, also ran the UK branch of the extremist Feuerkrieg Division (FKD) during the summer of 2019.

The notorious neo-Nazi group idolises terrorists such as Anders Breivick, who slaughtered 77 people in Norway.

While running the FKD, the boy enlisted autistic 17-year-old Paul Dunleavy, who was jailed for more than five years last year for plotting a terrorist attack.

Cops stormed his elderly nan's rustic cottage in Cornwall and found a Nazi flag and the numbers '1488', which are codes for Heil Hitler, slathered on the garden shed.

TERROR TEEN

The boy pleaded guilty to 12 offences – two of dissemination of terrorist documents and 10 of possession of terrorist material.

The defendant, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, appeared before Judge Mark Dennis at the Old Bailey today.

The judge told the boy he had "entered an online world of wicked prejudice" and any reoffending would lead to a "spiral of ever lengthening terms of incarceration" to protect the public.

He added: "The wider picture revealed in this case – the actions, words and mindset of teenagers – is deeply concerning."

The court heard that between October 2018 and July 2019, he had collected a significant amount of far-right material.

It included bomb-making instructions, ingredients for napalm, and how to make Molotov cocktails, build an AK47 assault rifle, and engage in knife combat.

The FKD, a banned network, favoured actions over words and encouraged individuals to commit "lone wolf" attacks.

NEO-NAZI CELL

The defendant liaised with FKD's 13-year-old "commander" in Estonia and was responsible for vetting and recruiting members and propaganda, it was claimed.

One of his five recruits was teenager Paul Dunleavy, who was convicted of terrorism offences relating to his activities as a member of FKD in 2019 and with whom he discussed the acquisition of firearms, the court was told.

The defendant also allegedly commissioned a "Nuke London" poster which bore an image of an atom bomb cloud explosion over the Houses of Parliament with the slogan "Sterilise the cesspit that you call London".

In a police interview, the defendant denied having had any racist, homophobic or anti-Semitic views, and said his comments and posts were just "to look cool".

He claimed that he had been considering leaving FKD for about a month, which was rejected by the prosecution.

Prosecutor Naomi Parsons said the defendant's young age was "alarming" and his conduct "betrays a maturity beyond his chronological age".

In mitigation, Deni Matthews said the youth was "damaged" and had "sought approval by expressing views he certainly does not ascribe to now and was unlikely to have ascribed to genuinely at the time".

In November last year, Dunleavy, 17, from Rugby, Warwickshire, was locked up for five-and-a-half years for preparing for acts of neo-Nazi terrorism.



Source: Read Full Article