Boy dies because he fell asleep wearing his headphones

Boy dies because he fell asleep wearing his headphones

December 7, 2018

A 16-year-old boy has died after being electrocuted while wearing headphones as his phone was being charged.

Mohammed Aidil Azzahar Zaharin reportedly fell asleep wearing the headphones at his home in Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia.

He was found unresponsive the next day, with blood pouring out his ear.

Disturbing pictures – which the Mirror is choosing not to show – also reveal his blackened ears after he was electrocuted.

The tragic incident happened near the town of Rembau.

Mohammed was found in the morning motionless and cold on the floor by his unnamed mother, 51, who thought he was asleep.

She then tried to wake him up, but was unable to do so. She called medics who sadly pronounced her son dead.

It was then confirmed that the boy did not have any other injuries or bruises on his body other than bleeding and burns on his left ear.

An autopsy later showed that the cause of death was electrocution.

The teenager’s brother also said that he felt a small electric shock when he touched the cable.

Photos of the boy have spread online as a warning for other users of possible risks when using their phones while charging.

‘Jack’ commented: "While the phone charged, better don’t use it." (sic)

And ‘MACH 6’ added: "Price to pay for using technology!"

The exact make and model of the phone is not known.

Read More

Top news stories from Mirror Online

  • 4 of 5 Stephen Lawrence suspects in jail
  • Met Office ‘danger to life’ warning
  • Mum lost 5st and her HAIR from buffet
  • Mystery man seen with missing backpacker

Source: Read Full Article