9/11 families knock Trump for holding Saudi-backed golf tournamentJuly 26, 2022
‘How much money to turn your back on your own country?’ 9/11 families launch ad attacking Trump for holding the Saudi-backed LIV tournament 50 miles from Ground Zero at Bedminster
- A group of 9/11 survivors and family members are shaming former President Donald Trump
- Trump’s Bedminster resort is the venue for the Saudi-backed LIV Golf Invitation Series that kicks off Friday
- The group 9/11 Justice released a TV ad Tuesday calling it ‘disgusting’ that the tournament is being held ’50 miles from Ground Zero’
- ‘How much money to turn your back on your own country?’ one family member asks in the 30-second spot
- For years, 9/11 family members have taken a stand against Saudi Arabia – where 15 of the 19 September 11, 2001 terror attack hijackers were from
- Last week, Trump remained publicly supportive of the tournament and had an aide contact the group over the weekend
A group of 9/11 survivors and family members are shaming former President Donald Trump for holding the Saudi-backed LIV Golf Invitational Series at his Bedminster golf resort later this week.
The group 9/11 Justice released a television ad Tuesday calling it ‘disgusting’ that the tournament is being held ’50 miles from Ground Zero,’ flashing onscreen an image of Bedminster’s welcome sign.
‘How much money to turn your back on your own country?’ one family member asks in the 30-second spot.
For years, 9/11 family members have taken a stand against Saudi Arabia – where 15 of the 19 September 11, 2001 terror attack hijackers were from.
‘You’re taking money from an evil regime,’ a family member says.
The group said the ad will air in the New York City and Bedminster markets, as well as run on cable on Fox News Channel, which Trump has historically watched.
The group 9/11 Justice released a television ad Tuesday calling it ‘disgusting’ that the tournament is being held ’50 miles from Ground Zero,’ flashing onscreen an image of Bedminster’s welcome sign
9/11 family members called it ‘disgusting’ and said golfers should be ashamed over participation in th Saudi-backed tournament after 15 of the 19 9/11 (left) hijackers were from Saudi Arabia
A new television ad, released Tuesday, is pressing people to call up Trump’s Bedminster resort and ‘tell them it’s wrong’
The ad takes aim at Trump and the golfers participating in the tournament.
‘I’m never going to forget, never going to forgive the golfers for taking this blood money,’ a family members says.
The spot encourages people to call Bedminster and ‘tell them it’s wrong.’
The tournament is set to begin Friday and go through Sunday.
Golfers including Bryson DeChambeau, Dustin Johnson and Phil Mickelson are expected to participate.
Last week Trump encouraged golfers to join the Saudi-backed golf tournament and ‘take the money now.’
‘All of those golfers that remain ‘loyal’ to the very disloyal PGA, in all of its different forms, will pay a big price when the inevitable MERGER with LIV comes, and you get nothing but a big ‘thank you’ from PGA officials who are making Millions of Dollars a year,’ Trump wrote. ‘If you don’t take the money now, you will get nothing after the merger takes place, and only say how smart the original signees were.’
The 9/11 families group had written directly to Trump and heard from an aide this weekend that he had received the letter.
Politico reported that an aide called 9/11 Justice President Brett Eagleson and acknowledged receipt.
She ‘just [repeated] the same talking points, one being that the contract is binding and there is no way out of it.’
‘And when I pressed on when [the contract] was signed, she said she didn’t know and just continued to say that the president was flattered with the letter, which was a weird thing to say, since it was not a very flattering letter. It called him a hypocrite essentially,’ Eagleson told Politico.
Eagleson later said that while he appreciated getting the call from an unnamed Trump aide, it wasn’t enough.
‘But as we originally said in our letter, our families are hurt, and we remain upset about his hosting this week’s golf tournament and his unwillingness to even sit down and hear our concerns,’ Eaglson said.
‘One of the reasons we requested to meet with the former President is that we wanted to try and understand how much he is financially benefitting from hosting both LIV Tournaments,’ Eagleson continued.
‘So we have now decided to make our feelings known more publicly by telling our story on television,’ he added.
Source: Read Full Article