Will Holly Willoughby be back on I'm A Celebrity 2019?

Will Holly Willoughby be back on I'm A Celebrity 2019?

December 10, 2018

The TV star, who announced she will be taking a break from the small screen until the new year, had previously confirmed her stint in Australia would be a one-off.

Will Holly Willoughby be back on I'm A Celebrity 2019?

Philip Schofield revealed Holly Willoughby won't be returning for a second series, insisting that 37-year-old Holly's stint down under was only a "caretaker role".

Speaking to the Daily Star, Phillip, 56 explained: "Holly has been a triumph in the jungle.

"It was always going to be a difficult series for Dec so I was happy Holly was able to step in."

"But I can assure you it's very much a caretaker role. Don't get too attached."

Are producers trying to tempt Holly back?

On December 9, 2018, it was rumoured that I'm A Celebrity producers are “desperate” to get Holly on board for next series – even though she’s insisted she would only appear this year.

The show’s ratings have been at their highest ever this year and are up by two million per episode – with Holly thought to be the reason behind this.

Insiders told The Daily Star bosses producers have even considered having a trio of presenters if Ant McPartlin returns next year.

A source said: “Holly has done a great job this series. All of the execs have absolutely loved having her on the show.

“Many presenters would have crumbled under the pressure of joining such a big show, but Holly stepped up to the plate. The top people at ITV are now really keen to get her back next year.”

When will Ant McPartlin return to work?

In August, The Sun's Bizarre column exclusively confirmed that Ant would not be returning to I'm A Celebrity in 2018.

In December, The Sun revealed Ant has been cleared to return to work and will start filming the auditions for BGT and will be back hosting the live shows alongside Dec next year.

The 43-year-old is also expected to be back in Australia next year to return to his co-hosting job on I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, which had been filled by Holly this year.

Next year’s series of Saturday Night Takeaway, which requires lots of filming before the series starts on air, has also been cancelled in order to allow Ant more time for his recovery.

Source: Read Full Article