The Talk 'canceled through next week' as show hiatus extended after Sharon Osbourne accused of racist comments

The Talk 'canceled through next week' as show hiatus extended after Sharon Osbourne accused of racist comments

March 20, 2021

THE Talk has been "cancelled through next week."

The daytime talk show's hiatus has been extended after Sharon Osbourne was accused of making racist comments.


Deadline exclusively reported that The Talk's unplanned hiatus will last longer than expected.

The show will not return at all in the upcoming week, while a return date has not yet been set.

The Talk was originally put on hiatus last week for two days, though was extended with the plan of returning to tape live shows on Tuesday, March 22.

The long-running talk show was first put on hiatus when co-hosts Sharon, 68, and Sheryl Underwood, 57, got into a fight about Piers Morgan's controversial comments following Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Sharon opened last Wednesday's episode defending her decision to stand by her friend Piers, who quit Good Morning Britain after co-host Alex Beresford slammed him for his scrutiny of Prince Harry’s wife.  



She told her co-hosts: “Why is it that because I supported a longtime friend and work colleague for years, people go ‘well you must be racist because he’s racist.’ 

“No. I support his freedom of speech. I’m not racist and neither is Piers racist. What have I ever said about anybody that’s racist? It’s not within me. It’s not in my soul.”

Sheryl disagreed with her co-host's comments, as she claimed Piers showed “racial implications with the way he spoke about Meghan” the last time he appeared on their talk show.

The Talk- which features Sharon, Sheryl, Carrie Ann Inaba, Elaine Welteroth and Amanda Kloots- is now "under internal review” with the network issuing a statement that they are "committed to a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace.” 


Since the controversial segment aired, former co-hosts Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete have come forward with racist allegations against Sharon. 

Leah, who appeared on Season One, claimed to journalist Yashar Ali that Sharon has a history of racist language and that she previously targeted former co-host Julie Chen.

Leah, 50, claimed Sharon said: “'I mean, who the f**k does slanty eyes think she is? She shouldn’t be pillow-talking with our boss.'” 

Meanwhile, Holly, 56, claimed Sharon said she was "too ghetto" for the show.

The Sun exclusively reported on Friday that Sharon "will not return to the show" as she negotiates her exit from the CBS series.

A source exclusively told The Sun Sharon is “not expected to return," claiming: “The lawyers seem to be battling out regarding money, letting her spin it, non-disparagement and more. It's all happening at the highest levels of the network.

“It's all out of control and taking too long.”

Source: Read Full Article