The Masked Singer: Who was unmasked as Traffic Cone eliminated?February 5, 2022
The Masked Singer has unveiled its latest mystery celeb, with Traffic Cone being unmasked.
Of course, it was the great Aled Jones, with many fans having already rumbled his identity – including his good friend Russell Watson.
Aled, who’s best known for singing Walking in the Air, was thrilled to take part in the show, asking: ‘When else would I sing Rick Astley and the Pina Colada song?’
Speaking about how hard it was to keep the secret, Aled said: ‘Really, really hard especially when people start guessing it’s you! My phone has been buzzing non-stop! But I manage to throw people off the scent!’
‘I love Traffic Cone!’ he added. ‘The best costume and character. He became real! He was a fun loving character with massive feet! It was very sweaty inside that costume though and hard to dance ‘cos I couldn’t see my feet!’
None of the judges chose Aled as their final guess, instead opting for stars like Rob Brydon, but fans were absolutely convinced thanks to some giveaway clues.
In the latest clue package, Traffic Cone said he’s done something at 20,000 feet and was invited to a ‘swanky private gig’ for a power couple before leaving something behind on the carpet.
Viewers said they had ‘no doubts’ that the man behind the mask is Walking In The Air singer Aled, after he famously surprised passengers on an aeroplane with a rendition of the song at 18,000 feet in the air in 2016.
Passengers on a flight from London to Cardiff were stunned as they watched the singer perform Silent Night, Away in a Manger, and his iconic hit, getting some pretty decent in-flight entertainment.
Meanwhile, he’s also previously spoken about performing for Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, before knocking a pint of water on the carpet.
The latest unmasking followed stars including Michael Owen, Jaime Winstone and Pat Cash, as well as Heather Small and Tom Chaplin.
What were the clues?
- The shape of a traffic cone is like something close to their heart
- Is here to bring bring the party
- Has a ‘sporting’ chance of keeping us guessing
- They’re a troublemaker
- ‘I made my money taking my top off’
- Breaks the rules from time to time
- Here for competition
- Wants to take on the best – the very best
- Squared off against the fourth-best of the world
- Got smashed at Wimbledon
- Seen using a tennis racket
- ‘There’s nothing like fans shouting your name’
- Gonna ‘sock’ it to us
- Two lies and a truth
- I had a gold-plated childhood
- My name makes me king by I’m no rascal
- It’s often been said that I’m a stand up fella
- He’s done something at 20,000 feet
- VT showed money falling out of pocket
- Was invited to a swanky private gig for power couple – left something on the carpet for them to remember him
- Knows how to harness his youth
- Has a soft spot for children’s toys – a couple of ‘pieces’ he never leaves home without
The Masked Singer returns Saturday at 7pm on ITV.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article