Joker 2: ‘There are some things we could do’ Joaquin Phoenix breaks silence

Joker 2: ‘There are some things we could do’ Joaquin Phoenix breaks silence

October 6, 2021

Joaquin Phoenix reacts to 'embarrassing' outtakes from Joker

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The first-ever film based on Batman’s nemesis, Joker, was released in 2019 to incredible praise. Not only did the film garner the Arthur Fleck actor, Phoenix, an Oscar for Best Actor, the movie also earned a staggering $1.074 billion at the box office. Since then, rumours about a Joker 2 have been rife. Phoenix has ​now​ spoken out about what a sequel might look like.

Phoenix was recently asked about the latest news on a Joker 2, to which he replied: “I mean, I dunno.

“From when we were shooting, we started to – you know, uhh… this [Arthur Fleck] is an interesting guy. There are some things we could do with this guy and could explore further.”

Although the 46-year-old offered some ideas for the series’ future, he didn’t seem confident it would happen.

He added: “But as to whether we actually will? I don’t know.” (Via Playlist)

​The Joker director – Todd Phillips – ​previously ​gave his opinion ​on the possibility of a sequel to ​the hit movie.​.

The DC Comics director said: “Here’s the real truth about a sequel. While Joaquin [Phoenix] and I have talked about it, and while touring the world with Warner Bros executives – going to Toronto, and Venice, and other places – of course, we’re sitting at dinner and they’re saying: ‘So, have you thought about [doing a sequel]…?’

“But, talking about contracts, there’s not a contract for us to even write a sequel.

“We’ve never approached Joaquin to be in a sequel. Will that happen? Again, I just think the article was anticipatory at best.”

Joker: CHILLING trailer stars Joaquin Phoenix as DC villain

​Last year a report surfaced from The Hollywood Reporter which claimed a new Superman movie was in the works, as well as some other new ​additions from the cinematic universe.

Included in this list of potential upcoming films was a “planned sequel” to Joker.

Furthermore, an insider reportedly claimed Warner Bros were looking to create not one but two sequels to the series.

To entice Phoenix into returning as Arthur, he was to be “offered $50 million” for the two movies, the source claimed. (Via The Mirror)

They said at the time: “Joaquin initially felt Joker was a standalone movie.

“They plan to make two sequels in the next four years, with a long-term commitment to Joaquin and his Joker director Todd Phillips and producer Bradley Cooper.

“It’s all about getting Joaquin to accept the terms – and the biggest payday of his career by far.”

Until something gets officially announced for the series, fans will have to wait and see what is going to come next for the big-screen evildoer.

Joker is available to watch on NOW.

SOURCE / SOURCE / SOURCE

Source: Read Full Article