Winter Park adding reservation system after opening to large crowdsDecember 15, 2020
Winter Park Resort is launching a reservation system for skiers and riders after opening earlier in December to large crowds.
Pass holders will need reservation starting Saturday. Guests can start reserving mountain time beginning at 9 a.m. Thursday.
Pass holders can make reservations through their accounts and reserve up to 10 days at a time. The process for individual lift tickets remains the same because they are dated and booked 48 hours in advance.
Winter Park continues to ask guests to avoid peak times such as weekends and holidays in favor of mid-week trips whenever possible. Other guest guidelines are laid out in the resort’s Shred Another Day program, including wearing face masks, distancing in lines and avoiding gathering.
Before this season started, the ski area had warned that a reservation system could be added. It has been regulating sales of daily lift tickets, which are available by advance purchase online only. Walk-up window sales were eliminated.
Read more on our partner site Sky-Hi News.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter, The Adventurist, to get outdoors news sent straight to your inbox.
- Wolf Creek Ski Area first in Colorado to reach 100 inches of snow after weekend storm
- Where you can cross country ski in Colorado
- Several Colorado ski resorts get 10 inches of snow from weekend storm
- Ski areas were expecting it to be incredibly hard to find workers this year. It’s been the exact opposite.
- Keystone delays launch of reservation system, still plans to open Friday
Source: Read Full Article