Who are Endeavor group? UFC's parent company nearing stunning WWE purchase | The SunApril 7, 2023
WWE are reportedly set to be sold to UFC's parent company Endeavour Group.
The sale could be finalised as soon as Monday, which is just one day after WrestleMania 39's second and final night.
That means the wrestling giants and UFC would merge and form a new publicly traded company under their new owners.
It now seems like WWE will no longer be a family-owned company after decades under the McMahons.
But patriarch Vince McMahon seems set to be part of the deal and continue running the company as executive chairman.
SunSport take you through everything you need to know about Endeavour amid reports of a completed deal:
Read More on WWE
WWE star Logan Paul issues cheeky KSI post after WrestleMania loss
WrestleMania Night 1 results: Zayn and Owens win tag titles, Logan Paul loses
Who are the Endeavor group?
Endeavour is an American holding company for talent and media agencies.
The group represents artists in film, television, music, theater, digital media and publishing.
The company is run by CEO Ari Emanuel and executive chairman Patrick Whitesell.
What is their other sports companies?
As mentioned earlier, Endeavour also owns the UFC, which means Dana White's promotion will merge with WWE.
Most read in Sport
Graham Potter SACKED by Chelsea following horror run of form with Blues 11th
Brendan Rodgers SACKED by Leicester as club sits in relegation zone
AJ hints at Fury fight, brawl break out with Bellew after bout FINISHES
Watch as Bellew marched away after altercation following Joshua fight
The company is very much involved with sports as it also works with the NFL and NHL.
The group has also linked with basketball with interests in the Euroleague competition.
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
What is Endeavor's WWE deal?
Endeavor will own 51 per cent, while WWE shareholders will get the other 49 per cent.
The deal will also give the wrestling giants an enterprise value of $9.3billion (£7.5bn).
McMahon, though, will continue to be involved in WWE as executive chairman, while Emanuel will act as chief executive.
That is despite the WWE owner's sudden retirement in July following allegations claiming he paid hush money to several women who have alleged sexual misconduct between 2006 and 2022.
Source: Read Full Article