UFC 259 LIVE RESULTS: UK start time, stream FREE, TV channel, prelims ahead of Adesanya vs Blachowicz – latest updatesMarch 6, 2021
UFC 259 is finally here – and Israel Adesanya is looking to make history.
The Last Stylebender can become a two-weight world champion if he beats Jan Blachowicz in tonight's main event – but before that, there's a packed card in Las Vegas.
- Start time: Early prelims UNDERWAY; Prelims from 1am GMT, Main Card 3am onwards
Follow ALL the action from every fight with our live blog below…
Get Adesanya at HUGE 35/1 price in UFC betting special
What channel is it on and can it be live streamed?
- You can catch all of the action on BT Sport 2 as the event is not pay-per-view in the UK.
- The event is available for live streaming on the BT Sport app, which can be downloaded onto your mobile or tablet device.
Can I watch for FREE?
- EE customers can get BT Sport INCLUDED to their plan at no extra cost if they are on a plan with Smart Benefits – simply log in to EE and choose BT Sport app.
- And then get it on the big screen by texting SPORT to 150 to get a FREE three-month trial of Large Screen so you can cast all the action on your TV.
- At the end of the three months you will automatically roll onto the £5 per month BT Sport Large Screen subscription unless cancelled.
- Chisanga Malata
HERE WE GO
The blockbuster card that is UFC 259 is finally upon us folks.
Kicking off the early prelims is a men's bantamweight bout between Mario Bautista and Trevin Jones.
The bout will markJones' second octagon appearance, the first of which came against Timur Valiev last August.
- Jim Sheridan
Here's how things are going down in Sin City this evening – we've got FIFTEEN fights to bring you…
- Jan Blachowicz vs Israel Adesanya
- Amanda Nunes vs Megan Anderson
- Petr Yan vs Aljamain Sterling
- Drew Dober vs Islam Makhachev
- Aleksandar Rakic vs Thiago Santos
- Dominick Cruz vs Casey Kenney
- Song Yadong vs Kyler Phillips
- Joseph Benavidez vs Askar Askarov
- Rogerio Bontorin vs Kai Kara-France
- Amanda Lemos vs Livia Renata Souza
Fight Pass Card
- Tim Elliott vs Jordan Espinosa
- Kennedy Nzechukwu vs Carlos Ulberg
- Sean Brady vs Jake Matthews
- Uros Medic vs Aalon Cruz
- Mario Bautista vs Trevin Jones
WELCOME TO UFC 259
Israel Adesenya is hoping to become a UFC legend tonight.
Undefeated and stepping up to the light-heavyweight for the first time, this is the biggest night of the Nigerian-born New Zealander's fighting life.
Defeat Jan Blachowicz tonight and the man known as The Last Stylebender will become a two-weight world champion, adding to his middleweight title.
You'll all remember that a certain Conor McGregor was the first to win UFC titles in two divisions, with Daniel Cormer, Amanda Nunes and Henry Cejudo since achieving the feat.
Adesenya will be in elite company then if he can pull off the win tonight – but boy is he in for a scrap.
Blachowicz is a fearsome foe, weighing in at a stocky 93kg and the Pole will have power on his side.
But how that melds together with Adesenya's poetic footwork and superb defensive skills remains to be seen.
We can't wait for this one, and there's two more title fights on a packed card.
Strap in then for UFC 259, back in Las Vegas. SunSport is here to bring you every hook, punch and grapple as it happens.
Source: Read Full Article