Transfer news LIVE: Thiago Alcantara closing in on Liverpool – Tottenham, Man City, Real Madrid updates and gossip – The Sun

Transfer news LIVE: Thiago Alcantara closing in on Liverpool – Tottenham, Man City, Real Madrid updates and gossip – The Sun

August 3, 2020

THE transfer window is open and clubs are starting to conduct quickfire negotiations.

With just a few weeks to go before the season starts, we've the very latest on the future of Lionel Messi and Jadon Sancho.

Follow all the latest gossip and updates with our live blog below…

  • SERG FORWARDS

    Chelsea have reportedly joined Everton in the race to sign Real Madrid's Sergio Reguilon.

    The defender, who was voted “the best left-back in La Liga” last season, was the subject of an £18million bid from the Toffees following a standout stint on loan at Sevilla.

    According to Sky Sports, Chelsea have made their interest in Reguilon known – and are expected to trump Everton's offer in the coming days.

    The Blues interest may cast doubt over their pursuit of Leicester ace Ben Chilwell.

  • AL BE GOING THEN

    Alexis Sanchez has reportedly agreed personal terms with Inter Milan ahead of a permanent transfer.

    The Manchester United forward has been on loan with the Serie A club this season and all parties are said to be keen to get a deal done.

  • IT'S CUP TO YOU

    Arsenal are going into over-drive to keep their two main FA Cup final heroes.

    The Gunners hope to tie keeper Emiliano Martinez to a new deal while continuing their talks with two-goal skipper Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang following Saturday's 2-1 defeat of Chelsea.

    Martinez broke down in tears and walked away from an interview when talking about his family after what could be a career-turning display at Wembley.

    And Arsenal want to extend the 27-year-old Argentine's display beyond the two years left on his contract.

    But the Times say Martinez wants reassurances over his first-team future, having been loaned out six times in previous seasons.

    He kept fit-again Germany star Bernd Leno out of Saturday's line-up – but his fight for a regular place will be back to square one next season.

  • FOX HUNT

    Chelsea fans have been sent into a frenzy following Danny Drinkwater's latest Instagram post.

    The Blues midfielder shared a snap of himself on holiday with former Leicester teammate Ben Chilwell, who is one of Frank Lampard's chief targets this summer.

    Drinkwater wrote: “Summer scouting mission! great guy and some footballer too @benchilwell”

    View this post on Instagram

    ☀️? Summer scouting mission! great guy and some footballer too ? @benchilwell

    A post shared byDanny Drinkwater (@dannydrinkwater) on

  • COUNTDOWN IS ON

    Jadon Sancho expects to be a Manchester United player by the end of the week, according to The Independent's Miguel Delaney.

    He claims that negotiations have accelerated in the last 24 hours after Dortmund informed the Red Devils of the fee they would accept.

    United are also reportedly conscious of Dortmund having set an August 10 deadline, after which they are said not to be willing to sell Sancho as they will be undergoing pre-season.

    Delaney adds that United have agreed to pay £60m up front for Sancho but the sticking point remains the structure of the payments after that.

    Both parties are said to be in agreement that the deal should come to a potential £120m but the question is how much of that fee should be fixed as opposed to incentivised.

  • YOU HAV HIM

    Bayern Munich have handed Chelsea a huge boost in the race to sign Kai Havertz by confirming they will NOT bid for the star this summer.

    Reports in Germany have previously suggested that the Bundesliga champions want to wait until 2021 to snap up the attacking midfielder.

    Having completed the £40.9million transfer of Leroy Sane from Manchester City, another major investment is not on Die Roten's radar.

    Bayern chief Uli Hoeness told FAZ: “I am sure that, after Leroy Sane, there will be no major transfers this year.

    “That has nothing to do with the quality of Havertz. We all think he is a very, very good player.

    “But in the coronavirus period after a transfer of almost 50 million, one of 70, 80 million or more I can't imagine making unless we secure counter-financing through player sales.”

  • KOUL IDEA

    Manchester United are set to battle it out with rivals Manchester City for Kalidou Koulibaly, according to reports.

    The Etihad club have already agreed a £41million deal with Bournemouth to land Nathan Ake.

    But according to ESPN, they are still in the hunt for another centre-back and are eyeing Koulibaly, 29.

    The report, though, states Ole Gunnar Solskjaer also remains interested in the long-term target.

    Napoli put many clubs off with their huge asking price last summer, as United signed Harry Maguire instead.

    But they are thought to be willing to accept £81m for their Senegal international.

  • DOR OPEN

    Borussia Dortmund are reportedly leading the race to sign 15-year-old Jamie Bynoe-Gittens.

    The winger, who has been tipped to follow in the footsteps of Jadon Sancho, looks set to leave Manchester City this summer.

    A number of Europe's top clubs have been closing monitoring his situation at the Etihad.

    But SportMail claim German giants Dortmund are “expected” to secure his signature.

    But French club Paris Saint-Germain are still hopeful of landing the 15-year-old.

    City want to keep hold of the pacey winger, but fear he has already decided to leave.

  • AL BE OFF THEN

    Inter Milan have included Alexis Sanchez in their Europa League squad – in a fresh sign they are nearing a permanent deal for the Manchester United flop.

    A strong end to the campaign in Italy has helped persuade Antonio Conte's side to take a punt on the Chilean.

    Three goals and seven assists helped Inter claim second place in the Serie A standings with Sanchez coming off the bench in Saturday's win at Atalanta.

    Inter will hope the 31-year-old can maintain his form in the Europa League knockouts set for later this month.

    On Monday, the Nerazzurri included him in their 25-man selection for the shortened showdown.

    Chelsea loanee Victor Moses is also in the squad, anticipating an extension of his stay from West London.

  • BOR OFF

    Bournemouth have confirmed that veteran goalkeeper Artur Boruc has left the club.

    The Polish shot-stopper has joined Legia Warsaw on a free transfer from the relegated Cherries.

    His contract had expired at the club.

    He racked up over 100 games during his time on the south coast.

  • GOD FER HIM

    Manchester United have reportedly asked club legend Rio Ferdinand for advice over Norwich's Ben Godfrey.

    TV pundit Ferdinand and Canaries centre-back Godfrey are part of the same New Era Global Sports agency.

    And Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is hoping to lean on his old team-mate for some advice ahead of a potential swoop.

    Calciomercato.it reports the Old Trafford side are in for Godfrey along with AC Milan and Napoli.

    The report suggests United have asked Ferdinand for information on the player.

  • GIFT OF THE GAB

    Manchester United have reportedly jumped to the head of the queue in the pursuit of Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes.

    The 22-year-old Brazilian looks set to leave the Ligue 1 side and has been linked with a host of Premier League clubs including Everton and Arsenal.

    Italian journalist Emanuele Cammaroto reckon United have outbid their rivals, including Napoli, with a fee in the region of £25million.

    He writes in the Napoli Magazine that an agreement could be reached with United in the next few days.

  • DROP A MIL

    Manchester United have reportedly dropped the asking price for Alexis Sanchez.

    The Chilean's resurgence at Inter Milan has seen Antonio Conte's side make enquiries about taking the former Arsenal man on board permanently.

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is thought to want to get the 31-year-old and his £400,000 plus wages off the bill.

    Gazzetta dello Sport reports United have lowered their price from £18million and will now accept £13.4m.

  • WILLI STAY OR GO?

    An opportunity to join Arsenal is thought to be very interesting for Chelsea's Willian.

    The Brazilian sat out the FA Cup final between the two sides through injury.

    His contract saga has rumbled on and it is being widely reported that he has REJECTED Chelsea's latest offer of a two-year deal.

    The stumbling block is that the 31-year-old wants a three-year contract.

    Willian is expected to make a decision on his future after the Blues' Champions League game against Bayern Munich on Saturday.

    Arsenal are hopeful they can tempt him to the Emirates.

  • BLUE YOUR CHANCE

    Chelsea are reportedly readying themselves for a defensive exodus.

    Marcos Alonso and Emerson Palmieri are the first likely to go to make space for the potential arrival of Ben Chilwell from Leicester.

    According to The Telegraph, Frank Lampard will axe some of his current crop to make space for new reinforcements.

    Former Blue Nathan Ake looks set for a move to Man City – despite Lampard being a fan of the relegated Bournemouth man.

  • THIA-GO!

    Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly attempting to steal away Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara from under the nose of Liverpool.

    The Spanish ace is ready to quit the Bundesliga after seven years.

    The 29-year-old turned down a contract extensions and has a £27million price tag.

    Liverpool looked like they were winning the race for his signature but Le10Sport reports PSG will match the offer.

  • MIK DROP

    Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is ready to sell NINE players, according to reports.

    Even some of the Gunners' FA Cup heroes will not be spared in the Spaniard's big summer clear-out.

    The Mail reports nine of the first-team squad could go – including three of Saturday's Wembley XI.

    Alexandre Lacazette is one big name that could be moved on.

    Hector Bellerin is also in line for a departure if a sufficient bid comes in for the right-back.

    And Rob Holding could be looking for pastures new in the next few months.

  • BEN-GIORNO

    AC Milan and Napoli are both reportedly interested in Norwich City's Ben Godfrey.

    The 22-year-old defender impressed despite the Canaries' disappointing season as they finished rock bottom and were relegated from the Prem.

    Calciomercato.it claims the two Italian big-hitters are keen on bringing him to Serie A.

    Reports say the player's representatives have already travelled to Milan to discuss terms on a San Siro move.

    Norwich have placed a £27million price tag on the youngster's head.

  • JA-DON DEAL?

    Borussia Dortmund expect Manchester United to cough up £107million in instalments for Jadon Sancho.

    According to Bild Sport's Christian Falk, if the Red Devils stump up that cash it would be acceptable for Dortmund to let their prized asset go.

    But only on one condition.

    An offer must be formally submitted by August 10.

  • MA-TIP OF THE ICEBERG

    Liverpool's Joel Matip has been linked with a move to French champs Paris Saint-Germain.

    The Cameroon international was snaffled on a free by the Anfield side back in 2016.

    He has four years left on his existing deal and at 28 has plenty of football left in him.

    Kick442 reports PSG are keen on a potential £50million deal.

  • GOT THE CARL UP

    FA Cup winners Arsenal have their eye on Sevilla's defender Diego Carlos.

    The Telegraph claims Mikel Arteta and Edu want to bring the 27-year-old Brazilian into the squad.

    The Gunners are plotting a summer squad overhaul as they look to better their eighth place finish last season.

    The La Liga side are believed to be willing to accept a deal in the region of £54.5million.

  • MORNING FOOTBALL FANS

    Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has made contact with Barcelona star Ivan Rakitic, according to reports.

    The Croatian is expected to leave Barca this summer, having seen his importance to the team wane in recent seasons.

    And according to Le10 Sport, Arteta has called Rakitic to try and convince him to come to the Emirates.

    Barcelona president Josep Bartomeu has ruled out the possibility of landing Neymar or Lautaro Martinez this summer.

    The Catalan giants had been linked with big-money moves for the duo as they seek a long-term replacement for Luis Suarez.

    But it appears the financial impact of coronavirus pandemic is forcing the club to shelve their plans.

    Ryan Giggs is urging Manchester United to do what they can to bring Jadon Sancho and Jack Grealish to Old Trafford.

    The Red Devils icon wants the club, who finished fourth in the league, to “go and get” the Borussia Dortmund and Aston Villa stars this summer.

    And the 46-year-old club legend reckons adding the players to United’s squad, could boost competition for places in Solskjaer’s attack.

    At Arsenal, Dani Ceballos will meet Real Madrid officials to make a decision over his future – but not until after their game against Manchester City.

    The midfielder's season-long loan with the Gunners came to an end after he helped guide them to glory in the FA Cup final.

    Ceballos made 37 appearances this season, scoring two goals and making two assists.

    But the 23-year-old has admitted he does not know where his future lies amid interest from Real Betis.

    Chris Smalling is set to return to Manchester United and will be denied the chance of Europa League silverware with Roma this season.

    Sky Italia claim the two clubs have failed to agree a loan extension for the defender.

    Smalling, 30, will now reportedly return to Old Trafford.

    Roma face Sevilla in the Europa League last-16 on Thursday and Smalling's departure will be a huge blow for both him and the club.

    Chelsea are ramping up their quest to nab Nick Pope from Burnley ahead of Frank Lampard’s second season in charge of the club.

    But the Blues target isn’t likely to be cheap with Clarets boss Sean Dyche reportedly slapping a £50million tag on his prized asset.

    Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny could be headed back to Turkey next season, according to reports.

    The Egyptian international was cast aside by former boss Unai Emery last summer, and sent for a season-long loan at Besiktas.

    And according to Turkish-Football, Elneny could be headed back to the Super Lig to sign for league rivals Trabzonspor.

    Finally, Tottenham are interested in signing Watford captain Troy Deeney on loan, according to reports.

  • WAITING ON MEMPHIS

    Memphis Depay could be key to his old club Manchester United landing top target Jadon Sancho this summer.

    The Dutch winger – who currently plays for Lyon – has emerged as a possible summer target for Borussia Dortmund.

    And if they can land the 26-year-old wide man it may make them more willing to do a deal on Sancho.

    United are currently unlikely to meet the asking price of more than £100 million for the former City trainee and are looking to drive it down.

    However, the England international, 20, remains Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s top target for the summer transfer window.

    Depay endured a miserable 18 months at Old Trafford after being signed by Louis van Gaal in June 2015. But he has flourished since moving to France in 2017 and Dortmund are closely monitoring his situation.

  • IT'S NOT AUBA

    Mikel Arteta is urging skipper Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to sign a new contract and become an Arsenal legend.

    Gunners chiefs will this week offer their FA Cup final match-winner fresh terms — but he wants a three-year deal worth £250,000 a week.

    Manager Arteta said: “Scoring is the most difficult thing in football. He makes it look simple — look at the second goal. We have always had incredible strikers at this club and Auba deserves to be named and compared with the big names.

    “By winning trophies he will be closer to them and, hopefully, we can have him for longer.”

  • HACCETTINO

    Mauricio Pochettino took a swipe at Daniel Levy after claiming he was not given the right “support” to turn things around at Tottenham.

    And although Poch admitted it was the right decision from the club, he believes he could have recovered had owner Levy backed him more financially.

    Asked whether he regretted not breaking his Spurs deal to manage then-interested Real Madrid, Pochettino said: “I was happy at Tottenham and I signed a contract.

    “We finished very well, the relationship is impeccable. I always say, we too made mistakes that led to what happened.

    “Although we did expect a little more support or reassurance to reverse the situation.

    “But the club line was going another way and there was wear — respite was needed from both sides.”

Source: Read Full Article