Raul Jimenez shares positive update after undergoing surgery on fractured skull following David Luiz collisionDecember 1, 2020
RAUL JIMENEZ has shared a positive update to his followers on social media after undergoing surgery on his fractured skull.
The in-demand Wolves striker, 29, was rushed to hospital by an air ambulance car after his horror collision with David Luiz during Sunday's win at Arsenal.
Jimenez regained consciousness having been knocked out cold after the shocking, audible clash.
But scans revealed a fracture which specialists decided required an operation to repair.
And just hours after undergoing surgery, Jimenez took to social media to share an update thanks fans for support.
Jimenez wrote: "Thanks for you support messages.
"I will be under observation and I hope to return to the pitch soon."
Jimenez's update will be a huge boost to Wolves and his fans.
The Mexican star's horrendous clash of heads with Luiz was eerily similar to Ryan Mason's collision with Gary Cahill in 2017.
Mason’s career was ended after he fractured his skull during Hull's clash with Chelsea.
Mason had earlier told talkSPORT of his frustration at Luiz – who required seven stitches after the clash with Jimenez – being allowed to play on.
The ex-Tottenham star said: “I was quite upset to see something like that happen on a football pitch again, it’s very concerning.
“It’s a real shame my incident didn’t change the perception; what is it really going to take for people to start realising this is something really, really serious?
“I’ll be honest, I was shocked David Luiz was allowed to play on.
"I’m not criticising the Arsenal doctor because there’s a protocol in place and I’m sure he’s followed that.
“But that protocol that is currently in place is not enough; it’s not enough just to have two or three minutes, it’s not enough.
“It was a bad one; the noise, the impact, the speed of the challenge as well – it was a bad one.
“It’s pretty clear that five minutes on the side of the pitch while there is pressure to get the game restarted is not enough to see if someone is concussed or not.
“This current protocol we have in place isn’t OK and it’s dangerous.
“I’m very sensitive and I’m quite passionate about this subject, and I’ve spoken to many people about it over the last three years, but nothing had happened, nothing has changed."
The update from Jimenez came just 12 hours after Wolves revealed the extent of the damage.
The club said: “Raul is comfortable following an operation last night, which he underwent in a London hospital.
“He has since seen his partner Daniela and is now resting.
"He will remain under observation for a few days while he begins his recovery.
“The club would like to thank the medical staff at Arsenal, the NHS paramedics, hospital staff and surgeons who, through their skill and early response, were of such help.
“The club ask that Raul and his family are now afforded a period of space and privacy, before any further updates are provided in due course.”
Source: Read Full Article