Houston Astros at New York Yankees ALCS Game 5 odds, lines, picks and betting tipsOctober 18, 2019
The Houston Astros and New York Yankees continue their American League Championship Series at Yankee Stadium with Game 5 Friday at 8:08 p.m. ET (on FS1). Below is a breakdown of the Astros vs. Yankees sports gambling odds and lines, with MLB postseason betting tips on the moneyline, spread and Over/Under, along with suggested bets.
The Astros lead the series 3-1, notching three straight wins after dropping the opener.
Astros at Yankees: Projected starting pitchers
RHP Justin Verlander vs. RHP James Paxton
Verlander went 21-6 with a 2.58 ERA in 34 regular-season starts for the Astros. This includes 300 strikeouts in just 223 innings and a WHIP of 0.803. He is a top contender to win another Cy Young award.
- Last start : No-decision in Game 2 behind 6 2/3 IP quality start with two earned runs and seven hits. Houston ultimately won Game 2 by a score of 3-2.
- Postseason history : 14-8 with a 3.18 ERA in 28 starts, but he’s 1-1 with a 3.12 ERA (6 ER, 17 1/3 IP) in three starts in 2019.
- Career vs. Yankees : 8-7 with a 3.55 ERA in 22 starts.
Paxton was 15-6 with a 3.82 ERA in 29 starts for New York. Paxton had 186 strikeouts in just 150 2/3 innings pitched.
- Last start : Pitched 2 1/3 innings before getting a quick hook in Game 2 versus Houston. He allowed four hits and one earned run but walked two batters.
- Postseason history : 1-1 with a 5.14 ERA in two starts, including yielding four earned runs in seven innings pitched.
- Career vs. Astros : 8-4 with a 3.24 ERA in 14 starts, including 0-0 with a 3.86 ERA (1 ER, 2 1/3 IP) in one postseason start.
Astros at Yankees: By the numbers
Get some action on this game, PLACE A BET at BetMGM now.
- The Astros are 24-9 in Verlander’s starts. The Yankees are 20-10 in Paxton’s starts.
- Three of the four ALCS games have played Under the projected total. Game 4 combined for 11 runs in order to connect on the Over for the first time all series.
- The Astros won the regular-season series 4-3 with the O/U going 5-2.
- The Astros are 35-47-1 O/U on the road, the second-best Under record in MLB. The Yankees are 38-45-2 O/U at home.
Astros at Yankees: Key injuries
Yankees LF Giancarlo Stanton (quad) is expected to be available to return.
Astros at Yankees: Odds, picks and betting tips
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Friday at 9:30 a.m. ET.
Moneyline : The ASTROS ( -149) are the STRONGEST PLAY. The Yankees own MLB’s third-best home record this season at 59-26, but the Astros are 47-36 on the road. Verlander is the preferred choice over Paxton even if Verlander has been a bit vulnerable at times this postseason.
New to sports betting? Bet $14.93 to win $10 on the Astros. Every $1 wagered would profit $0.67 if Houston wins.
Run line : AVOID the spread. This has a decent probability of being a one-run game. The best play is to stay away and look for value in other places.
Over/Under : Three Unders started this ALCS but a late Houston burst pushed the Over in Game 4. Let’s make it four out of five. Play the UNDER 7.5 ( -105) and count on the trend to continue.
Want some action in this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @ChrisWasselDFS and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
Patrick Mahomes injury update: What we know Friday morning
Two brutal graphics aired during TNF showed just how bad John Elway is at finding QBs
Patrick Mahomes’ knee injury is another sad reminder that TNF is dangerous and dumb
CC Sabathia had an emotional exit after an injury knocked him out of his possible finale
Andy Reid isn’t to blame for Patrick Mahomes’ knee injury
Source: Read Full Article