Cristiano Ronaldo DROPPED by Juventus to face Udinese as Portugal superstar 'demands shock transfer away'

Cristiano Ronaldo DROPPED by Juventus to face Udinese as Portugal superstar 'demands shock transfer away'

February 1, 2022

CRISTIANO RONALDO was dropped to the substitutes' bench for Juventus' Serie A opener against Udinese, after reportedly asking NOT to start.

The Portuguese superstar has been strongly linked with a move away from Turin this summer, but is yet to find a suitor.

Ronaldo, 36, was named in the starting XI for last weekend's friendly against Atalanta.

But according to Fabrizio Romano, Ronaldo REQUESTED not to be included this time around, as he hunts for a transfer in the next few days.

Romano reports that CR7 is hoping to 'find a solution' in the transfer market.

But Juve are yet to receive a bid for the forward.

Ronaldo has one year remaining on his £25million-a-year contract.

Boss Massimiliano Allegri, however, insisted that Ronaldo wants to stay earlier this week.

Most read in Football

Gunners news

Saliba to Real Madrid, Ruben Neves talks, Aubameyang Juventus and Barca offers

UNITED LATEST

Phil Jones in Bordeaux talks, Pogba to stay if Rangnick stays

TRANSFERS LIVE

Van de Beek to Everton, Saliba to Real Madrid, Pogba staying

RON TOP OF THE WORLD

Ronaldo lights up world's tallest building with pics of Georgina

JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)

The returning Italian said: "He has never wanted to leave. He told me that he's staying and he will be in Udine."

And Juve vice-president Pavel Nedved today told DAZN: "We’ve decided together with Ronaldo. It’s normal. Ronaldo will 100 per cent stay."

Ronaldo himself slammed Spanish reports linking him with a return to Real Madrid.

He wrote on Instagram: "Anyone who knows me is aware of how focused I am on my work. Less talk and more action, this has been my guiding motto since the start of my career.

"However, in view of everything that's been said and written recently, I have to set out my position.

"More than the disrespect for me as a man and as a player, the frivolous way that my future is covered in the media is disrespectful to all the clubs involved in these rumours, as well as to their players and staff."

I'm breaking my silence now to say that I can't allow people to keep playing around with my name

He later added: "As well as this most recent episode in Spain, there have been frequent news and stories associating me with a number of clubs in many different leagues, with nobody ever being concerned about trying to find out the actual truth.

"I'm breaking my silence now to say that I can't allow people to keep playing around with my name. I remain focused on my career and in my work, committed and prepared for all the challenges that I have to face.

"Everything else? Everything else is just talk."

Ronaldo was also benched for Juventus' final game of last season, as they sealed a top four finish with a pivotal 4-1 victory over Bologna.

On this occasion, Juve raced into a two-goal lead without him, courtesy of efforts by Paulo Dybala and Juan Cuadrado.

But they were pegged back by former Watford duo Roberto Pereyra and Gerard Deulofeu.

Having been called upon from the bench, Ronaldo thought he'd won it with a 95th minute header.

But the goal was subsequently ruled out by VAR for a marginal offside – leaving Juve having to settle for a 2-2 draw.

After the game, Allegri said: "Cristiano Ronaldo is fit, yes. I was talking with him before the match and the decision was to start on the bench. I told Cristiano to get ready – he was good in the second half."


Read our Transfer news live blog for the very latest rumours, gossip and done deals

    Source: Read Full Article