Conor McGregor's coach John Kavanagh provides positive update on Manny Pacquiao fight and says terms are almost agreedSeptember 27, 2020
CONOR McGREGOR'S coach and good friend John Kavanagh has confirmed the fight with Manny Pacquiao has been "agreed".
On Friday night the UFC legend released a series of tweets claiming he will box Pacquiao in the Middle East.
Then the Filipino confirmed he will fight the Irishman in a sensational clash.
It left boxing fans hoping the two sporting greats were serious about the mouthwatering match-up.
And according to McGregor's MMA coach Kavanagh, the deal has been done.
Speaking to Boxing Productions TV, the Irishman said: "I do know it's in the works.
"I believe both boxers have agreed fundamentally, behind the scenes there are a lot of terms and conditions and legal teams and managers to work out the fine details but I believe it will happen.
"I think it might be early next year but the wheels are in the motion and it looks like I'll be coaching boxing again.
"I'll play a part but it will be mostly Owen and Phil Sutcliffe, Conor's long-time boxing coach from Crumlin Boxing. The bulk of the work will be done with those guys but I always have a hand in there."
McGregor – who recently showed off his extreme new look with a shaved head – was trying to arrange a return fight in MMA following his retirement announcement in June – his third in four years.
But the talks apparently fizzled out and McGregor – recently urged to return to the octagon by rival Justin Gaethje – later tweeted: "Anyway all water under the bridge who gives a fook. I’m boxing Manny Pacquiao next in the Middle East."
"It will be a true honour to have faced two of the greatest boxers of the modern era, afraid of a fight."
McGregor previously fought Floyd Mayweather under Queensberry Rules in 2017, and was stopped in the tenth round.
He has been eyeing another dabble into boxing for some time now despite that defeat.
Pacquaio, 41 – known as Pac Man – has now accepted the Irishman's challenge.
A senator in his native country, he says cash from this fight will go towards the relief effort in the Philippines after Covid-19.
A statement from Pacquiao's office read: "For the sake of all the Filipino Covid-19 victims, Senator Manny Pacquiao will be fighting UFC superstar Conor McGregor next year.
"The huge portion of his earnings will proceed to those who are affected nationwide by the pandemic."
Both men have previously fought Floyd Mayweather.
The Pac Man previously took on 'Money'in 2015 in one of the biggest-grossing PPV fights in history.
But this was also one of the worst PPV fights ever, with the Filipino struggling to to get anywhere near his best form.
Source: Read Full Article