Chelsea star Timo Werner 'wanted by Real Madrid in shock transfer as new boss Carlo Ancelotti looks to rebuild squad'June 14, 2021
CHELSEA striker Timo Werner is wanted by Real Madrid, according to reports.
Former Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti is looking to rebuild his Blancos squad and is said to have put the German near the top of his transfer wishlist.
WIN £50,000! Play Dream Team Euros – our FREE fantasy football game
Real are said to have crippling debts in the region of £1billion.
But Ancelotti is keen on bringing Werner in despite their likely restrictions on spending, according to Fichajes.
Real are said to believe they'll be able to capture Werner for far less than the £53million Chelsea paid RB Leipzig for him last summer.
And the fact the 25-year-old can play on the wing is also said to be an attractive prospect to former Everton boss Ancelotti.
Werner played 52 times in all competitions for Chelsea last season as they finished fourth and and won the Champions League.
He scored just 12 goals in that time but provided 15 assists.
Italian Ancelotti left Goodison Park last month to take over at the Bernabeu for the second time.
He is also reportedly looking to bring Gareth Bale back into the squad for the last year of the Welshman's contract.
CASINO SIGN UP OFFER: GET £10 FREE BONUS WITH NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED
WIN £50,000 with Dream Team Euros
Dream Team Euros is HERE!
The best fantasy football game to accompany Euro 2020 has arrived.
And you can play absolutely FREE for your chance to win the £50,000 jackpot.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR FREE!
Dream Team Euros
- £50,000 jackpot
- The best fantasy football game this summer
- Play in mini-leagues against your mates, colleagues, family members – and some hand-picked celebrities
- FREE to play
And Lyon star – and Arsenal target – Houssem Aouar is said to be the third name on Ancelotti's wanted list.
The LaLiga giants had been on the hunt for a new boss ever since Zidane's departure following a sub-par 2020-21 campaign.
Their Champions League status is in doubt next season with the threat of a Uefa ban hanging over their heads as a result of their involvement in the renegade European Super League plot.
Despite their woes, Real managed to persuade Everton to part with Ancelotti swiftly.
But it recently emerged they approached SunSport columnist and Roma boss Jose Mourinho before talking to Ancelotti.
Ancelotti has returned to the club he managed between 2013 and 2015 on a three-year deal.
The 61-year-old had been under contract at Goodison Park until the end of the 2023-24 season.
But after the Toffees' Champions League pursuit crumbled – eventually finishing the season in tenth – Ancelotti terminated his contract to head back to the Spanish capital.
The former Chelsea boss said: “I would like to thank the board of directors, the players, and the Evertonians for the tremendous support they have all given me during my time at the club.
“I have complete respect for everyone associated with Everton and hope they can achieve the exciting opportunities they have in front of them.
“While I have enjoyed being at Everton I have been presented with an unexpected opportunity which I believe is the right move for me and my family at this time.”
⚽ Read our Football live blog for the very latest news from around the grounds
Source: Read Full Article