Besiktas want Burnley flop Wout Weghorst on loan transfer after striker failed to save Clarets from relegation

Besiktas want Burnley flop Wout Weghorst on loan transfer after striker failed to save Clarets from relegation

June 7, 2022

BESIKTAS are looking to sign Burnley’s Dutch international forward Wout Weghorst on an initial one year loan.

The former Wolfsburg man has told the relegated Clarets he cannot play in the Championship next season with the World Cup on the horizon.

Reports in Turkey suggest Besiktas would offer an initial fee to take Weghorst on loan – with a permanent agreement kicking in next summer.

Burnley are unlikely to get their money back on a player who cost them £12million in January.

He was bought as a replacement for Newcastle bound Chris Wood but could not get the goals to save the East Lancashire club from the drop.

Weghorst scored just two goals in 20 games for the Clarets and they will need more firepower if the club are to go back up to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

Read More in Football

100 most valuable stars in the world with Kane 30th… but no Ronaldo or Messi

Real Madrid close in on Tchouameni, Liverpool ‘prepare’ Gavi bid’

Vicent Kompany is set to arrive at Turf Moor as manager and his first bit of business could be the loan signing of Manchester City's Taylor Harwood-Bellis.

Harwood-Bellis, 20, is also wanted by rival English clubs, with Brentford trying for him last year.

And Scottish champions Celtic, who have elite European football to offer him, are keen too.

Burnley will need the centre-back with James Tarkowski set to leave the club when his contract expires at the end of the month.

Most read in Football

HUD IN THE CLOUDS

Huddersfield renew Prem charge by targeting 6ft 9in striker Kyle Hudlin

ANDY & ME

Inside Andy & Billi's ‘emotional’ wedding – including what made the bride giggle

OWEN'S OWN GOAL

Michael Owen said marriage was sham & begged me for nude pics, says BB star

ALL OUT

Newcastle blow as ‘Tottenham target Allan Saint-Maximin in summer transfer'

FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS

Everton are said to be leading the race for the 29-year-old with Newcastle and West Ham also keen.

Nick Pope could also leave amid interest from Nottingham Forest and Southampton but it could cost £40m to prise him away from Burnley.

    Source: Read Full Article