8am Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Houssem Aouar bid LATEST, Holding U-turn, Partey UPDATE, Aubameyang contract talks – The Sun

8am Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Houssem Aouar bid LATEST, Holding U-turn, Partey UPDATE, Aubameyang contract talks – The Sun

September 8, 2020

ARSENAL have had a bid rejected for Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar with the Gunners reportedly offering a player as part of the deal.

The Emirates Stadium outfit are also still hoping to entice Thomas Partey to North London – and Alexandre Lacazette has hinted he could stay at the club.

Sign up to play Dream Team 20/21 now

  • It's completely free to play
  • Play the tradtional Season game as well as Draft
  • There's a hefty jackpot up for grabs across 2020/21
  • SIGN UP TO PLAY HERE

Get all the latest news and transfer gossip from North London here…

  • HEC OF AN INVESTMENT

    Arsenal right-back Hector Bellerin has invested in League Two side Forest Green Rovers to help support and develop their environmental and ethical innovations.

    The 25-year-old told The Athletic that he has been impressed with how the club has been run under chairman Dale Vince.

    He said: “Dale has revolutionised that football club — they’re vegan, they’re eco-friendly, they have a neutral carbon footprint.

    “They’re a clear example of how to run a football club in our times so I wanted to be a part of it and offer my help to them in whichever way I could.

    Before adding: “I just felt it was the right thing to start a relationship. I'm going to help bring awareness to what they’re doing — helping marketing, helping PR, and helping create a network.

    “I wanted to help in any way I could — they’re a massive example and they’re in League Two. They’re getting bigger and bigger every day. Imagine if they get to the Championship or something.

    “It feels good to feel part of their family.”

  • GAME ON

    Premier League clubs will reportedly be forced to play matches even if teams are struck by a coronavirus outbreak in their squads.

    Top-flight chiefs are desperate for the 2020-21 campaign to not overrun beyond May 23 as they look to avoid clashes with the European Championship.

    According to the Daily Mail, Premier League clubs have been told that requests for postponements due to Covid-19 will be rejected.

    The only way that games will be rescheduled is if teams are unable to name less than 14 players in their matchday squad.

    It has been stated that the Premier League have advised clubs to promote any Under-21 players to the senior squad if they have played at least a minute of first-team football.

    Should any team refuse to play a game, then an independent disciplinary panel will hear the case.

    This would result in either warnings or fines, and in cases for repeat offenders, points will be taken off.

  • MORNING, ARSENAL FANS

    Returning Gunners star Dani Ceballos has gushed over the influence of manager Mikel Arteta.

    Upon moving to Emirates Stadium for another year, the Spaniard spoke about his boss with Arsenal’s official website.

    He said: “To be honest, it wasn’t easy for him because he was coming into a dressing room that had already had two other coaches and where the team hadn’t been able to get the results that everyone wanted.

    “It wasn’t easy for me to get into the team either because I was coming off the back of a long injury lay-off. I felt like I should be playing but I was wrong about that because I wasn’t fit. The coach was really straight with me and said that if I got myself fit and kept working hard, I’d have a chance of getting back into the team.

    “I ended up performing well and repaying the faith he’d shown in me before the Newcastle game. From that moment onwards, we started to build a good coach/player bond and things went well for me personally. I think he’s made me a much better player in the last six months.”

    Despite Ceballos’ addition, Arsenal appear to still be hoping to recruit another midfielder – with Thomas Partey in the frame.

    The £45m-rated star has rejected a new contract at Atletico Madrid.

    And according to Marca, Atletico are resigned to losing Partey and have already lined up a replacement in Espanyol's Marc Roca.

    Lucas Torreira could depart for Torino – although Arteta is reportedly growing “resigned” to Mesut Ozil sticking around for the final year of his contract.

  • ICYMI – PARTEY LINE

    Arsenal are in pole position to sign Thomas Partey after the midfielder rejected Atletico Madrid's new contract, according to reports.

    The Spanish side wanted the 27-year-old to pen a new deal that would eradicate his £45million release clause.

    But Partey, whose current contract expires in 2023, turned it down because he wants to finalise his move to the Premier League.

    Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is eager to get a deal over the line but is being forced to raise transfer funds before forking out the figure.

    According to Marca, Atletico are resigned to losing Partey and have already lined up a replacement in Espanyol's Marc Roca.

    Diego Simeone is now waiting for Arsenal to lodge an official bid for Partey before making a move for the 23-year-old.

  • REALLY?

    Kieran Tierney remained an unused substitute as Scotland laboured to a 2-1 victory over the Czech Republic.

    The match was initially thought to be postponed on Friday, after home players were in contact with a staff member with Covid-19.

    In the end, the Czechs cobbled together a side – and even managed to take the lead.

    But goals from Tierney's team-mates Lyndon Dykes and Ryan Christie just about secured the win.

  • OURS NO MAR

    Aston Villa have lodged a £20million bid for Emiliano Martinez, according to reports.

    The Argentine stopper has become a popular figure at Arsenal this year, since taking the gloves from the stricken Bernd Leno last season.

    The German's return could see Martinez depart, however, and The Athletic claim that Villa want to pounce.

    Arsenal, meanwhile, could chase Brentford's David Raya as a replacement No2.

  • TOR BLIMEY

    Arsenal reportedly received a £21.5million bid for Lucas Torreira from Torino and are considering the offer.

    According to Spanish journalist Alvaro Levrero, the Gunners need quick cash to fund a move for Thomas Partey.

    And they may accept the offer on the table from Torino after they gazumped Serie A rivals Fiorentina.

    Fiorentina had offered to pay £5.3m to take Uruguayan midfielder Torreira, 24, on loan.

    But the deal was said to have included a mandatory buy clause.

    However, the up front fee on offer from Torino is a far more attractive proposition for Mikel Arteta.

  • BOTTOM TIER

    Gunners star Kieran Tierney has been dropped to the bench as Scotland take on the Czech Republic this evening.

    The 23-year-old has played well for Arsenal since returning to fitness, but manager Steve Clarke has decided against picking the in-form ace.

  • FAN-TASTIC

    Premier League clubs will agree tomorrow to allow all the top flight games this month be shown live on TV.

    The U-turn by the 20 clubs and League bosses follows pressure from the Government over the issue after a fan backlash prompted intervention.

    Under initial plans, 17 of the opening 28 games – all being played behind closed doors – were due to be screened live, either by Sky Sports or BT.

    That would have seen 11 games not being available to fans, including all three of Newcastle’s opening fixtures.

    Now today’s hastily-arranged meeting of the 20 “shareholder” clubs will agree to the change in policy.

    The 11 outstanding games are likely to be split between the League’s four broadcasters, including the BBC, which is expected to be offered the chance to screen one or two matches.

    SunSport confirmed that the Big Six, including Arsenal, were always in favour of allowing fans to watch more live games in the current circumstances, with initial opposition led by Crystal Palace and West Ham.

  • FINE ART

    Arsenal midfielder Dani Ceballos has gushed over the impact of boss Mikel Arteta.

    He told the club's official website: “To be honest, it wasn’t easy for him because he was coming into a dressing room that had already had two other coaches and where the team hadn’t been able to get the results that everyone wanted.

    “It wasn’t easy for me to get into the team either because I was coming off the back of a long injury lay-off. I felt like I should be playing but I was wrong about that because I wasn’t fit. The coach was really straight with me and said that if I got myself fit and kept working hard, I’d have a chance of getting back into the team.

    “I ended up performing well and repaying the faith he’d shown in me before the Newcastle game. From that moment onwards, we started to build a good coach/player bond and things went well for me personally. I think he’s made me a much better player in the last six months.”

  • ON THE MEND

    Arsenal are interested in signing Portuguese wonderkid Nuno Mendes, according to reports.

    The 18-year-old made his breakthrough at Sporting Lisbon last season, appearing nine times for the Primeira Liga giants.

    And according to O Jogo, the Gunners are hoping to pounce to sign the highly-rated full-back.

  • COUT ME OUT

    Former Liverpool star Philippe Coutinho WILL be given a chance at Barcelona next season in a blow to Arsenal, reports claim.

    The Brazilian had been expected to depart Camp Nou, having spent last season on loan at Bayern Munich.

    But according to Marca, the 28-year-old will now only be sold if the club receive a “substantial” offer for his services.

    Coutinho is expected to be played in central midfield by Ronald Koeman.

  • HOLD ON A MINUTE

    Arsenal have changed their mind on loaning out defender Rob Holding, reports claim.

    The 24-year-old had appeared all set to leave for Newcastle United on a season-long deal.

    But according to Sky Sports, the Gunners now want him to stick around and fight for a place in the team.

  • ICYMI

    Check out this pass from Granit Xhaka in the 1-1 draw between Switzerland and Germany last night.

    The Swiss had the better chances in the game and Xhaka showed he is still improving since being frozen out by Unai Emery over a year ago.

    But what an effort this was.

  • MIK'S HANDS TIED

    Mikel Arteta is ‘resigned’ to Mesut Ozil staying at Arsenal for the final year of his contract, which could see him feature in the Gunners’ season opener against Fulham.

    The Spaniard has been non-comittal over Ozil in recent months, but he may be tied to the German for one final season, before the 2014 World Cup winner leaves for a free next summer.

    The former Real Madrid midfielder is far and away the highest earner at Arsenal and it would be frustrating for Arteta that a contract has not been agreed with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

    According to the Evening Standard, Ozil is preparing to feature in Arsenal’s Premier League season opener against Fulham on Saturday.

  • ABSEN-THREES

    Lucas Torreira, Sokratis and Emile Smith-Rowe will miss Arsenal’s return to pre-season training, according to reports.

    The trio are all being linked with moves away from North London, with the latter looking at another loan stint.

    Smith-Rowe, 20, impressed on loan at Huddersfield last season and could be set for another stint in the Championship.

    Sokratis is looking at a switch to Napoli as a “replacement” for Manchester City-bount Kalidou Koulibaly and Torreira is attracting interest from Torino and Fiorentina.

  • IT'S A PROBLEM OF MONEY

    Arsenal remain an option for Sergio Reguilon, according to reports in Spain.

    Spanish journalist Alvaro Montero told Sky Sports News: “There are two options, Arsenal and Manchester United, also Sevilla here in Spain.

    “Real Madrid wants to sell him but with a buying back option so in case he has a good season like he did in Sevilla, Real Madrid can sign him again next year.

    “The question is that the player, Sergio Reguillon, likes the idea of playing in the Premier League – United and Arsenal will be the options.

    “But it is a problem of money.”

  • ROYAL SCREAMER

    Arsenal fans have been drooling over “ice cold” Vivianne Miedema – after the Dutch international scored a wonder-goal against Reading and barely celebrated.

    The 24-year-old took social media by storm after bending a brilliant strike into the near corner in the Gunners’ 6-1 drumming over the Royals.

    The deadly Dutch striker netted twice on Sunday, after Kim Little got the first for the three-time WSL champions, while Jill Roord completed a hat-trick.

    A fan wrote on Twitter: “Please when will she celebrate her goals.”

    Another jokingly said: “Ice cold.”

    One roared: “For Vivianne, it’s like a walk in the park…what a strike.”

  • I'M IN DEN'S 'KAMP

    Nigel Winterburn reckons Arsenal should give Dennis Bergkamp the post vacated by Freddie Ljungberg.

    The former Highbury full-back, 56, told Gambling.com: “I’m a big advocate for players that have been successful at your club – so long as they have the right coaching credentials – to come back in to a football club, particularly one of Dennis Bergkamp’s ilk.

    “He was a wonderful player who won a lot of trophies and is well regarded within Arsenal, so if his coaching credentials match up with what Mikel Arteta wants, he could potentially come back to the club in some sort of role, whether it’s at junior level or senior.

    “It’s been mooted a few times now so I think it’s something we’re going to have to watch to see if it develops into anything.”

  • HOW ARSENAL'S DEFENDERS COMPARE

    Here are how the new boys at the back for Mikel Arteta square up.

    Can the Gunners improve on the 48 goals they conceded last season?

  • SAM-ING FOR NOTHING

    Manchester United and Arsenal target Samuel Umtiti could leave Barcelona for FREE, according to reports.

    Mundo Deportivo reports the French defender could see his contract, which runs until 2023, RIPPED UP as Barcelona consider letting him leave for nothing.

    Umtiti, 26, has slipped behind countryman Clement Lenglet in the Catalan giants' pecking order.

    Persistent injuries have hampered his progress at the Nou Camp.

    The centre-back managed just 13 LaLiga appearances last season as Barca surrendered the league title to El Clasico rivals Real Madrid.

    He also tested positive for Covid-19 before the club's 8-2 Champions League humiliation at the hands of Bayern Munich last month.

  • ARSENAL FIXTURES

    Here are the Gunners' opening games of the Premier League season… as well as those against their 'Big Six' rivals.

  • PARTEY LINE

    Arsenal are in pole position to sign Thomas Partey after the midfielder rejected Atletico Madrid's new contract, according to reports.

    The Spanish side wanted the 27-year-old to pen a new deal that would eradicate his £45million release clause.

    But Partey, whose current contract expires in 2023, turned it down because he wants to finalise his move to the Premier League.

    Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is eager to get a deal over the line but is being forced to raise transfer funds before forking out the figure.

    According to Marca, Atletico are resigned to losing Partey and have already lined up a replacement in Espanyol's Marc Roca.

    Diego Simeone is now waiting for Arsenal to lodge an official bid for Partey before making a move for the 23-year-old.

  • MORNING, ARSENAL FANS

    Mesut Ozil is chasing what just weeks ago seemed ridiculously unlikely – a place in the Arsenal side for Saturday's Premier League opener at Fulham.

    Boss Mikel Arteta started the German playmaker in Saturday's 3-2 home friendly loss against Aston Villa after omitting him for six months.

    And Ozil, 31, is now in serious contention for a squad spot against the newly-promoted Cottagers as Arteta looks to shuffle his formation.

    Arteta is resigned to Ozil seeing out the final year of his £350,000-a-week contract.

    Meanwhile, Dani Ceballos claims Gunners' fans persuaded him to renew his loan from Real Madrid

    The Spain midfielder told Arsenal.com: “I think everyone will have seen last season that from the moment I joined, I bought into the club completely and always gave 100 per cent both on and off the pitch.

    “The fans repaid me for that by showing me a lot of love… when I was at home they were sending me messages asking me to come back and saying that they needed me here.

    “I think they’ll be as happy as I am that I'm back and I’m sure we have a great year ahead of us this season.”

    And England Under-21 hat-trick hero Eddie Nketiah is aiming to muscle in for more regular Prem action this season – after beefing up.

    He said:“During lockdown, I worked really hard on getting bigger and better on the ball.

    “I’ve used the time well and it’s good people can see the hard work.”

Source: Read Full Article