6pm Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Brooks ‘alternative to Sancho’, Marc Jurado move CONFIRMED, Suarez ‘should be target’ – The Sun

6pm Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Brooks ‘alternative to Sancho’, Marc Jurado move CONFIRMED, Suarez ‘should be target’ – The Sun

August 19, 2020

MANCHESTER UNITED have signed Marc Jurado from Barcelona after the youngster confirmed the move on his Instagram.

They are still hoping to land Jadon Sancho from Dortmund – but BVB boss Lucien Favre says it is "important" he stays in Germany.

Get all the latest transfer updates and gossip from Old Trafford here…

  • GIFT OF GAB

    Arsenal could land £27million Lille centre-back Gabriel Magalhaes within days after he agreed a five-year contract.

    The Times say Arsenal have settled personal terms with the Brazil Under-20 star after other suitors like Everton dropped out of the running.

    Lille reportedly expect Gabriel to decide his future this week.

    However, Napoli are understood to have made a last-gasp move for the ace.

    Chelsea have also been linked with a bid as they search for a new centre-back.

    Man Utd were thought to be in the running too but are now looking at West Ham’s Issa Diop.

  • TAKE YOUR PICK

    Wolves could reportedly swap Raul Jimenez for Juventus trio Aaron Ramsey, Douglas Costa and Alex Sandro.

    Andrea Pirlo took charge of the Serie A side earlier this month and is believed to be ready for a huge clear out, says Tuttosport.

    Jimenez and Costa have both been linked with Manchester United this summer.

    Meanwhile, Arsenal icon Ramsey has been tipped to join Chelsea with Jorginho heading the opposite way.

    Reports earlier this year even claimed the Welshman could be welcomed back at the Emirates just a year after his exit.

  • DAVID'S AL RIGHT

    David Alaba reportedly has his sights set on a move to England this summer.

    Sky Sports claims the Austrian is holding off signing a new Bayern Munich contract as he wants a shot in the Premier League.

    Alaba is said to be attracting interest from Manchester United, as well as rivals City and Chelsea.

    He can play at left-back or centre-back, and has even been deployed in midfield on several occasions.

  • SMALL FRY

    Chris Smalling could be heading back to Italy this summer… but not with Roma.

    Gazzetta Italia claims Antonio Conte's Inter Milan are keen on signing the Man Utd misfit after his brilliant season in the capital.

    Smalling does not have a future at Old Trafford and is valued at £20million by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

    Conte has already signed up three players from United since joining Inter a year ago, with Romelu Lukaku, Ashley Young and Alexis Sanchez now at the San Siro.

  • DEVIL TO PAY

    Louis Saha has tipped Manchester United to re-sign Memphis Depay following his return to form with Lyon.

    He told the Football Index Podcast: “I wasn’t a fan of Memphis Depay when he was originally at the club because I don’t think he was mentally ready, but he has improved dramatically and proved to be a major force in Ligue 1.

    “Depay has really matured and has become a leader in an exciting Lyon team.

    “He has always had the quality to play at the top level and I think he would be very motivated to return to Old Trafford and prove he is good enough.”

  • BACK IN THE SADDLE

    Manchester United will learn their fixtures for the 2020-21 season tomorrow, with the full list announced at 9am.

    The Premier League gets back underway on September 12, with all games to be crammed in by May 23 as the league gets concluded in time for Euro 2020.

    Top sides may hope for softer starts, given their stars' lack of a prolonged break between seasons.

    Such a problem shouldn't arise for United or Manchester City, however, with the Premier League having granted them exemptions from the opening day after their European exertions.

    It is understood that Wolves, despite their campaign finishing just four days before City's, have been denied the same privilege and will kick off again on September 12 with everyone else.

  • IN FOR KOUL

    Manchester United have been dealt a blow by reports that rivals City are closing in on the signing of Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli for £63million.

    And it has been claimed that the Serie A side are now desperate to land Lille centre-back Gabriel Magelhaes to replace Koulibaly.

    Napoli have had a £22m bid accepted from the Ligue 1 outfit for the Brazilian, with the player to now decide between joining them or Arsenal.

    The Italian side are desperate to cash in on Koulibaly, despite the 29-year-old having three years left to run on his contract.

    This is because they need to offload the Senegal international before they can press ahead with closing the deal for Gabriel.

    According to La Gazzetta dello Sport via CalcioNapoli24, Koulibaly's time in Naples has come to an end after six years.

    They state that a £63m fee is close to being agreed after Napoli lowered their demands.

    It has been reported that an agreement could even materialise on Wednesday.

  • TESTING TIMES

    The Premier League has been rocked by a reported spike in positive coronavirus cases since teams returned for pre-season preparation.

    According to The Telegraph, 14 new cases have been recorded at 12 clubs who started training again last weekend.

    Officials are said to be concerned cases could continue to rise as players were pictured partying with rival stars on holiday over the past few weeks.

  • FUL OF HOPE

    Fulham have reportedly made contact with Barcelona about a sensational move for Gerard Pique.

    The centre-half was crestfallen after his side were thumped 8-2 by Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-finals.

    He admitted after the game that the team have hit “rock bottom” and then offered to leave the club if they wanted to rebuild.

    And according to Peruvian website Libero, Fulham wasted no time in contacting the Spanish giants over a potential move back to the Premier League.

    Pique came through the youth ranks of Manchester United before leaving for Barca in 2008.

    But now, at the age of 33, the £220,000-a-week defender is seemingly ready for a new challenge.

    Libero reports that there is “an offer on the table” from Scott Parker's Premier League new-boys.

  • AS LUK WOULD HAVE IT

    Real Madrid are lining up Romelu Lukaku as a replacement for the ageing Karim Benzema, reports claim.

    The Belgian only joined Inter Milan one year ago, when he brought his two-year stint at Manchester United to an end.

    But having bounced back impressively in Italy, he finds himself a target of Europe's elite clubs once again.

    According to Le10 Sport, Lukaku is one of four strikers on Real Madrid's wishlist as they search for a long-term replacement for Benzema.

    The report also claims, however, that he is not their No1 target to fill the spot.

    Paris Saint-Germain superstar Kylian Mbappe and emerging Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland are ahead of the ex-Premier League forward in their pecking order.

  • DEVIL MAY CARE

    Darren Bent has named 'horrible' Nemanja Vidic as his toughest opponent.

  • HE'S A GARNER

    Manchester United starlet James Garner is to become the latest young Red Devil to head out on loan, according to reports.

    The 19-year-old had been out in Cologne with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Co, as they aimed to win the Europa League.

    But with United now back in the UK after crashing out at the hands of Sevilla, Garner is expected to seal a deal in the coming days.

    And according to the MEN, Garner's representatives are now prioritising securing a one-year loan deal for their highly-rated client.

    Garner made six first-team appearances for the Red Devils in the 2019-20 season, but didn't make a Premier League matchday squad after December.

  • NO1 TARGET

    Chelsea are plotting a surprise move for Manchester United outcast Sergio Romero, according to reports.

    Frank Lampard wants a new No1 having lost faith in Kepa Arrizabalaga.

    And with Romero, 33, looking for a way out at Old Trafford, it could prove the perfect match.

    SunSport exclusively revealed how Romero wants to hold showdown talks with United chiefs after Dean Henderson returned from his loan spell at Sheffield United.

    Romero is now likely to be behind the talented England stopper and David De Gea in the United pecking order.

    According to ESPN, his potential availability is likely to spark a transfer scramble, with Leeds and Everton also ready to make their move.

    Despite being a key figure in United's Europa League campaign, he was dropped for De Gea in the 2-1 semi-final defeat to Sevilla.

    It is understood the club will demand around £5million for his services after snapping him up on a free from Sampdoria in July 2015.

  • CHERRY PICKING

    Manchester United are lining up Bournemouth star David Brooks as an alternative to Jadon Sancho, reports claim.

    The Red Devils have been linked with the Borussia Dortmund winger all year and made him their No1 summer target.

    But having missed Dortmund's August 10 deadline to sew up a deal, the German side are playing hardball over their much-coveted asset.

    And with club chiefs Michael Zorc, Hans-Joachim Watzke and Sebastian Kehl having all ruled out any Sancho move, United appear to be looking elsewhere.

    According to Sport Witness, Brooks – who like Sancho came through Manchester City's academy – is a “serious” target for the Red Devils.

    They also state that things could move very quickly, as it would be a much easier deal to complete than for Sancho.

    Brooks, 23, missed the majority of the 2019-20 season with a nasty ankle injury, but did manage to return for the final nine games – getting on the scoresheet against former club City.

  • KOUL IDEA

    Louis Saha also urged former club Manchester United to make a move for Kalidou Koulibaly.

    He told the Football Index Podcast: “I’m a big fan of (Victor) Lindelof.

    “He made a mistake against Sevilla, but otherwise I think he has been very consistent and a good partner for Harry Maguire this season.

    “If Manchester United are to look at a new central defender, Koulibaly is the obvious choice. I’m a big fan of his as he’s so strong and composed. He’s also an aerial threat in the opposition box. The more players of his stature at Old Trafford, the better.”

  • ED FOR THE HILLS

    Former Manchester United striker Louis Saha believes his old club missed a trick in not targeting Edinson Cavani this summer.

    He told the Football Index Podcast: “I think Manchester United are missing a trick by not signing Edinson Cavani this summer.

    “I've followed him for many years and I’m gutted there doesn’t seem to be an interest there.

    “For me, Cavani would be the best fit this summer. Cavani has a great eye for goal and his leadership would be a great asset. He has qualities that are very difficult to find on the transfer market.”

  • SUPERMARKET SWEEP

    Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will not be picking up a trophy this week, but has made sure to grab some household essentials.

    The Red Devils crashed out of the Europa League at the weekend after a narrow 2-1 semi-final defeat to Sevilla in Cologne.

    But the Norwegian has made sure that the Solskjaer kitchen will still be stocked with all the necessities.

    United fans will be hoping that his summer shopping doesn't stop there, however, with plenty of targets reportedly on the club's radar.

    No1 on their list all year has been Jadon Sancho, although Borussia Dortmund are still playing hardball over their prized asset.

    Check out SunSport's pictures HERE.

  • THREE LIONS WOE

    Gareth Southgate faces a battle with both Manchester clubs over players for England’s two forthcoming clashes.

    Stars such as United captain Harry Maguire and City’s Raheem Sterling will have only had a two-week break before preparations begin for the Uefa Nations League games against Iceland and Denmark.

    Southgate looks set to name an extended squad next week ahead of the trip to Reykjavik on September 5 and a game in Copenhagen three days later.

    But United and City have concerns that their players – who would begin training at St George’s Park on Monday week – will take part in two competitive games inside a week so soon after returning from the final stages of the Uefa club competitions in Portugal and Germany.

    United captain Maguire, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Marcus Rashford and teenager Mason Greenwood are all likely to be selected for England’s first international for 10 months.

  • KEEN FOR DEAN

    Exclusive by Daniel Cutts: Manchester United are ready to ramp up the fight for the No1 keeper slot by almost doubling Dean Henderson’s wages.

    Henderson, 23, is on the verge of signing a mega new four-year Old Trafford deal worth £100,000 a week.

    The England goalkeeper only signed a new £60k-a-week deal last year and is a clear sign Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants him to battle David De Gea for the No1 spot.

    It also means United would be splashing out £575k a week just on their goalkeepers, with Spaniard De Gea earning £350k, Sergio Romero (£70k) and Lee Grant (£30k).

    Henderson had another standout campaign on loan at Sheffield United last season.

    And the Manchester United academy product’s representatives have been in talks with Old Trafford chiefs over the last few weeks.

    SunSport understands there had been interest in Henderson from Chelsea, but no official approach has been made.

  • CON-DEMBED

    Manchester United's hunt for a new winger goes on after the club were warned off a bid for Ousmane Dembele.

    Amid massive upheaval at Barcelona, the French forward has been named as a key young player for the club to build around.

    Blaugrana president Josep Maria Bartomeu, fresh from the exits of coach Quique Setien and sporting director Eric Abidal, reassured supporters on Tuesday evening that key players will not leave.

    And, despite mustering only nine appearances in an injury-ravaged campaign, £135.5million signing Dembele is considered indispensable at the Camp Nou.

    Bartomeu named the 23-year-old alongside Lionel Messi, Frenkie de Jong and Antoine Griezmann as “non-transferable”.

    He told Barca TV: “Messi is untouchable & non-transferable. He knows it, we all know it.

    “But there are various non-transferable players like [Marc-Andre] ter Stegen, [Clement] Lenglet, [Nelson] Semedo, De Jong, Griezmann, Dembele… players we are counting on in the future.”

  • ANGEL'S DELIGHT

    Former Manchester United flop Angel Di Maria helped seal Paris Saint-Germain's place in the Champions League tonight.

    The Argentine winger bagged the second goal of the game against RB Leipzig.

    Neymar and Co prevailed 3-0 in the one-legged semi-final to seal their first ever appearance in the Champions League showpiece.

    Di Maria has scored 82 goals in 220 appearances for PSG, compared to just four goals in 32 games during his disappointing stint at Old Trafford.

  • CONTDOWN

    Manchester United defender Chris Smalling is reportedly wanted by Inter Milan.

    Antonio Conte is keen on the defender who impressed in Italian football on loan at Roma last season.

    Gazetta reports Conte thinks Smalling has the necessary “experience” to turn his Inter side into title contenders.

    The former Chelsea manager has already raided United for Alexis Sanchez, Romelu Lukaku and Ashley Young.

  • DOUBLE TROUBLE

    Manchester United are reportedly lining up a double swoop for Douglas Costa AND Alex Sandro.

    CalcioMercato reports the Red Devils are considering a move for both the Juventus stars.

    And it could set Ole Gunnar Solskjaer back around £72million.

    Costa could be an alternative to Jadon Sancho as the transfer saga around the Borussia Dortmund ace rumbles on.

    The report states Juve are ready to cash in on Costa after he failed to hit the heights expected of him.

    United have also reportedly gone back in for 29-year-old Brazilian left-back Sandro as they look to strengthen their squad.

  • YOU CAN CALL ME, AL

    Manchester United target David Alaba could join a Premier League side in the next two weeks.

    The Austria defender has rejected Bayern Munich's initial offer to extend his contract.

    And Sky Sports reports he could be on the move by the end of August.

    Neighbours Man City and Chelsea are also reportedly interested in the converted centre-back.

  • DAVID DE STAYER

    Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskajer has reportedly backed David De Gea as his No1 for next season.

    And the Norwegian boss will ship Dean Henderson out on loan again.

    De Gea's form has been under the microscope after a number of high-profile howlers, notably in the FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea.

    But The Mirror reports De Gea will be given at least another season as United's first-choice between the sticks.

    Henderson excelled on loan at Sheffield United and has been linked with a move to Chelsea, but his future remains uncertain for now, with Sergio Romero also set to remain at Old Trafford as No2.

Source: Read Full Article