3.30pm Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Gabriel in £27m talks, Dortmund ‘to agree £60m Sancho fee’, Raul Jimenez asking price – The Sun

3.30pm Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Gabriel in £27m talks, Dortmund ‘to agree £60m Sancho fee’, Raul Jimenez asking price – The Sun

July 31, 2020

MANCHESTER UNITED sealed third place in the Premier League and a Champions League spot after a sensational run-in during Project Restart.

Off the field, the Red Devils are looking to bolster their squad with moves for Jadon Sancho and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic mooted while Wilfried Zaha could bring in some very welcome revenue.

Follow all the latest United transfer gossip and news below…

  • SMALL CLAIMS

    Roma have asked Chris Smalling to play hardball with Manchester United as they try to wrap up his transfer.

    The centre-back has been on loan with the Serie A side since last summer and both player and club are said to be keen on making the move permanent.

    But with the two clubs yet to agree a fee, Smalling is set to return to Manchester next month meaning he will not be available for Roma's Europa League fixtures.

    However, Roma chiefs have asked Smalling to stay close to Rome and tell United if they make him return to England that he will not move anywhere else, according to Italian outlet Gazzetta dello Sport.

    While Smalling is keen to stay in Italy, he is said to have remained coy on whether he will heed Roma's request.

    The 30-year-old has been a revelation in Rome, instantly becoming a popular figure at the Stadio Olimpico, but with United reportedly unwilling to budge on their £18million valuation, a stalemate appears to have been reached.

    Roma would prefer to pay around £16m for the 31-cap England international.

  • RED RAUL

    Man Utd have been heavily linked with Wolves star Raul Jimenez in recent days.

    And the Mexican is just one of the big names who could be lining up for the Red Devils next season after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's planned summer overhaul.

    United have been told to cough up £60million if they want to prise the 29-year-old away from Molineux.

    He has scored an impressive 26 goals from 53 games in all competitions for Nuno Espirito Santo's side this season.

    And if the Red Devils do bring the goalscoring machine to Old Trafford, he could spearhead one of the most intimidating attacking trios in the Premier League alongside Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho – who United have also been linked with.

    Here's how United could line-up next season.

  • BACK THREE

    Man Utd are targeting Kalidou Koulibaly, Alessio Romagnoli and Tyrone Mings as they plot a defensive overhaul.

    United had been targeting Nathan Ake, but since his £41million move to rivals Manchester City, Solskjaer's centre-back shortlist is down to just three.

    The Norwegian is thought to be happy with the likes of Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Harry Maguire.

    But Solskjaer wants a solid centre-back to go alongside them – as well as Chelesa target Ben Chilwell at left-back.

    For now, Koulibaly – who the club have been chasing since the Jose Mourinho days – is the top target.

    However, he is also on the radar of Man City and Liverpool – and could cost close to £80million.

    Cheaper alternatives would be AC Milan star Romagnoli, 25, and Tyrone Mings, say ESPN.

  • ROY RAGE

    Roy Keane launched a foul-mouthed rant at Gerard Pique over his friendship with Cesc Fabregas, according to the former Chelsea man.

    Ex-Arsenal star Fabregas has revealed Keane flew off the handle at his own team-mate, Pique, during the 2005 FA Cup final.

    In the Wembley clash, Fabregas – then only 18-years-old – threw himself into a hard challenge on Keane, and rather than react to the teenager, the Irish hothead instead lashed out at his close pal, Pique.

    Fabregas and Pique have been friends since childhood, working their way through the Barcelona youth ranks together.

    And, speaking to the Telegraph, Fabregas recalled: “Gerard Pique, who was at Manchester United then, told me about this afterwards and I never knew about it. 

    “He told me that me and Roy went into a challenge, which I remember. It was 50/50 and I must have caught him with my knee in his quad. I got him a little bit. 

    “At half-time, he went to Pique and started shouting at him because he knew we were friends. [There was] a bit of swearing. I can't say the exact words but it was fun.”

  • FANCY ZLAT

    Zlatan Ibrahimovic is set to sign a new double-your-money £104,000-a-week contract at AC Milan, according to reports.

    And the new deal could see him playing until he is FORTY.

    The Swedish star, 38, returned to the San Siro at the turn of this year on a six-month deal and has already scored 10 goals from 19 games in all competitions cementing his place as a fan favourite at Milan.

    And the club's hierarchy have decided to reward him with a new one-year contract with an option to extend for a further year, according to Italian outlet Gazzetta dello Sport.

    His salary could reach double what he is earning now – seeing him pull in £104k-a-week if certain appearance and performance related targets are met.

  • GABSMACKED

    Man Utd are reportedly one of three clubs that have made a £27million offer for Lille star Gabriel Magalhaes.

    French outlet La Voix du Nord claim that the Red Devils, Everton and Napoli have all made proposals to land the Brazilian defender.

    The report adds that Lille have already lined up £7m-rated Ajax defender Sven Botman as his replacement.

    Gabriel now has the power to choose which of the three clubs he wishes to join but his preference is to join Napoli.

    Arsenal and Chelsea have also been linked with the centre-back in recent months.

  • NINE GIGG

    Former Man Utd target Gareth Bale has reportedly told Wales boss Ryan Giggs that he intends to stay at Real Madrid next season.

    The Mirror claims the 31-year-old has told international team-mates and staff he has no plans to quit Los Blancos even if his lack of games leaves him rusty for the Euros.

    Bale continues to have a frosty relationship with Real boss Zinedine Zidane who tried to force him out of the club last summer.

    He did not play a single minute of the club's final seven games as they won LaLiga for a record 34th time.

    And the four-time Champions League winner is unlikely to be involved in Madrid's European second-leg against Manchester City.

  • PAY PAL

    Memphis Depay is “holding the key” to Jadon Sancho's big-money move to Manchester United, according to reports.

    The Dutchman is wanted by Borussia Dortmund to replace the England winger who is in talks to sign for the Red Devils in a deal believed to be around £108million.

    Depay, 26, endured a nightmare stint at United when he signed in 2015 before leaving two years later.

    But he could play his most important assist yet if he agrees to join the German side from Lyon.

    AS write how Dortmund are ready to pay £41m for his signature – which would mean a £19m profit for the French side.

    The winger has reignited his career for Lyon and despite an injury-riddled campaign, has scored nine goals in 12 league starts.

  • MADD DESIGNS

    James Maddison have been dealt a bitter blow in their pursuit of James Maddison after the Leicester ace built a rooftop bar at his luxury pad.

    The one-cap England star, 23 has been on the radar of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer all season, along with the likes of Jack Grealish and Jadon Sancho.

    But having recently put pen to paper on a new five-year contract at the King Power Stadium, Maddison appears dead-set to stick around in Leicester.

    And he's taken his commitment to the Foxes to another level – by installing a rooftop bar at his Midlands home.

    Maddison shared the incredible pictures of the work in progress to his Instagram.

    The snaps show mini-fridges to keep drinks cool, a grill, a bar – complete with stools – and a relaxing seating area covered by stylish wooden beams.

    A clearly-thrilled Maddison captioned his post: “Got the team at Leicestershire Garden Design working on this at the moment.

    “Can’t wait to see it.”

  • ACADEMY AWARDS

    Man Utd striker Marcus Rashford has scooped the 2019/20 Academy Graduate award.

    Trent Alexander-Arnold won the inaugaral award last year, but the honour has went to Rashford this term following his goalscoring exploits for the Red Devils.

    The Academy Graduate award has been created to recognise players aged 23 or under who have made the successful transition from the Academy to the Premier League.

    Commenting on the honour, Rashford said: “Thank you very much, on behalf of the Academy.

    “It's obviously a massive step up to get into the Manchester United first team but one that all the young kids are prepared to make because of the way the coaches coach them.

    “It's definitely a big achievement and, like Mason [Greenwood] has done this year, and Brandon [Williams], hopefully there will be more who come through.”

  • RIO'S REVEAL

    Rio Ferdinand has confessed his England shirt always felt ‘heavier,’ than his Manchester United shirt.

    Ferdinand, the youngest ever defender to play for England when he made his international debut against Cameroon, aged 19 years and eight days in 1997, said: “As a captain, as an England player, the shirt was a heavy shirt when I played for England.

    “More so than Man United, for different reasons. The expectation. The years of disappointment which had gone before us.

    “And our year was called the Golden Generation which heaped a bit more pressure on us at the time.

    “The big difference between wearing an England shirt and a Man United shirt is that I felt very comfortable and confident at Man United that we were on the right lines, the tight pathway to success.

    “Whereas with England I didn’t necessarily believe in it. When I look back now – at the time I thought I did – but I look back now with hindsight and just think that I didn’t believe in the tactics.

    “With that comes doubt and when doubt creeps into any sportsman’s mind, you know you are on a losing run then.”

  • RAU-TE ONE

    Wolves have reportedly set a price of £60million for Manchester United to sign Raul Jimenez.

    The Mexican forward has been one of the stars of the Premier League since arriving on loan from Benfica in 2018, a move made permanent for £30m last summer.

    With 26 goals and 10 assists in all competitions last season, Jimenez is rumoured to be a target for several of the continent's giants.

    According to Bleacher Report, Wolves will want between £60m and £70m if the 29-year-old wants to leave.

    However the Molineux side are believed to be incredibly reluctant to sell their star forward, even though they are on the brink of signing a potential replacement.

    Braga forward Paulinho is strongly linked with a £27m from the Primeira Liga side in the coming weeks.

    Reports in Portugal suggest United are intent on sealing a deal for Jimenez.

  • ON THIS DAY

  • SANCH-WOW

    Borussia Dortmund are willing to agree on an initial £60m fee with Man Utd for Jadon Sancho.

    The Independent say Dortmund will accept a package eventually rising to over £100m, although there is still work to be done on the move.

    Talks regarding the deal are still between intermediaries and not the clubs themselves, but the principles of the transfer have been set out.

  • GOOD MORNING MAN UTD FANS

    Raul Jimenez is said to be “on his way” to Manchester United after Wolves reportedly sealed a deal for his replacement.

    The striker, 29, has emerged as a top target for the Red Devils after scoring 20 goals and making nine assists this season.

    Sergio Romero wants to hold showdown talks with Manchester United over his future – with Dean Henderson heading back to Old Trafford.

    The United No2 – who is behind David de Gea in the pecking order – has just 12-months left on his deal, with the option of a further year.

    The 33-year-old has made no appearances in the Premier League this season, and has been used as a cup keeper and in the Europa League.

    SunSport understands he is being eyed by a number of clubs in his native Argentina, along with sides across Europe and in the MLS.

  • THE SAN WILL RISE AGAIN

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen to give Alexis Sanchez another chance, according to reports.

    The Daily Star claim that Solskjaer would welcome the Chilean back into his squad after being impressed with his performances on loan at Inter.

    But the report adds that Sanchez is an unpopular figure in the dressing room and sees no point in returning to Old Trafford.

    And The Telegraph claim Inter can easily afford whatever transfer fee United request, but his wages would be a sticking point.

    Their report claims Sanchez would either have to agree a substantial reduction on his £560,000-a-week salary or United would have to pay him off.

  • GARNERING ATTENTION

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will decide this week on which of his young stars he is willing to loan out next season.

    The Mail claims James Garner is one young man on the fringes of the Man Utd first-team that is gathering much attention elsewhere.

    Sheffield Wednesday and Doncaster Rovers have shown an interest – as well as play-off hopefuls Cardiff City and Swansea City.

    Axel Tuanzebe, Daniel James and Tahith Chong are among the other young players that United will have to make decisions on in the coming weeks.

  • CLOUD NINE

    Nine Premier League clubs including Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool tried to stop Manchester City overturning their European ban.

    City were slapped with a ban from all Uefa European competitions for two seasons after “serious breaches” of Financial Fair Play in February.

    Pep Guardiola's side were also hit with a £27million fine.

    But the Court of Arbitration for Sport controversially overturned the ban earlier this month.

    CAS also reduced the fine to £9m after City's appeal and today released a 92-page document with full details from the case.

    Within the pages CAS revealed the reasons behind their decision which split opinion.

  • SAFE HENDS

    Dean Henderson’s Manchester United future will reportedly become clear within a fortnight as contract talks enter a “crucial stage”.

    The 23-year-old wants long-term assurances from Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer over his playing time.

    England U21 international Henderson has seen his value rocket to £55million after two stunning seasons on loan at Sheffield United.

    That has caught the eye of Chelsea, with Frank Lampard hoping to make him their new No 1 goalkeeper.

    The Blades would also love to have the stopper back next season.

    To thwart off interest, United have been in discussions with Henderson over a new deal that would make him one of the best-paid goalies in Europe.

    Talks have been ongoing for a number of weeks but no agreement has yet to be reached.

  • WIL I NEVER

    Man Utd are reportedly set for a £17.5million windfall this summer as Crystal Palace demand £70m for Wilfried Zaha.

    The Mirror claims United will cash in if Zaha leaves Selhurst Park this summer thanks to a clause inserted in the deal taking him back to Palace in 2015.

    Zaha has made it clear he wants to leave the Eagles for a new challenge this summer and Roy Hodgson believes there is nothing he can do to change the Ivorian’s mind.

    However, Palace will refuse to let Zaha leave on the cheap and they are apparently seeking a whopping £70m for his signature.

    Should that price be met, United are due 25 per cent of the fee.

    That amounts to around £17.5m, which Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can put towards his next signing.

  • TICK TOCK

    Man Utd must complete a move for Jadon Sancho by August 10.

    Bild claims that's the date Borussia Dortmund have set before they close the lid on his transfer saga.

    It remains to be seen if United make a fresh bid after having an £89m offer turned down.

  • GET GREAL

    Arsenal have reportedly joined the race for Jack Grealish after Manchester United cooled their interest.

    Sky Sports claim that the Gunners registered an interest in the Aston Villa captain, but did not follow up that enquiry.

    The report adds that a number of clubs are willing to pay between £50million and £60m but that is short of the Villain’s asking price.

    Dean Smith’s side have made it clear that star man Grealish is not for sale and they would not be tempted to sell for anything under £80m.

    SunSport previously revealed that the England ace faces being priced out of a major summer move following Villa’s exorbitant asking price.

  • THE RAUL DEAL

    Raul Jimenezis said to be “on his way” to Manchester United after Wolves reportedly sealed a deal for his replacement.

    The striker, 29, has emerged as a top target for the Red Devils after scoring 20 goals and making nine assists this season.

    According to A Bola, United now have a clear path to sign Jimenez.

    Wolves are believed to have “practically concluded” a £27million move for Paulinho from Braga.

    The 27-year-old has proved his potential with 25 goals and nine assists this season.

    And his arrival at the Molineux Stadium would allow United to step up their pursuit for top target Jimenez.

  • CHRIS CROSS

    Manchester United passed up on the chance to sign Christian Pulisic before Chelsea bought the winger, a former scout has claimed.

    Jorge Alvial spent two-and-a-half years at Old Trafford after a long stint at Chelsea, where he also recommended a 13-year-old Pulisic.

    The American moved to Borussia Dortmund aged just 16 and quickly impressed at the Bundesliga club.

    As a long-term admirer of Pulisic, Chilean scout Alvial made him the first recommendation to United when he was hired by the club.

    He told Manchester Evening News: “When I first got hired one of the people that I recommended right away was Pulisic because I knew him and his background.

    “I knew how well he was developing in Dortmund and he was just going to keep coming up, and become a superstar because he was doing very well.

    “So it was many times that I did recommend him, but at the same time because I was only doing North America, it wasn't my region because he was playing in Germany.

    “We all had a list and I had him first along with Alphonso [Davies]. Highly, highly recommended for them to sign him, and I know also the German scout was very into him, he really liked him too.

    “It wasn't a case of, 'look at this kid'. It was, 'sign this kid'.”

Source: Read Full Article