Tesco issues shopping advice ahead of Christmas with update on food delivery slotsNovember 12, 2020
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Tesco is just one of the supermarkets preparing for Christmas next month. However with everything being very different this year, the food store is encouraging customers to start their shop earlier, to help them avoid the long queues during peak times. Tesco has also updated its delivery service – with Christmas food available to pre-order.
Christmas will most likely be very different for a lot of people this year, with celebrations smaller and many turning to online to order their grocery shop.
Tesco is encouraging shoppers to still visit one of their stores if they can and asks them to start shopping for Christmas sooner where possible.
In the supermarket’s latest shopping advice, CEO Jason Tarry, advised shoppers to avoid the peak festive period.
He said: “Our stock levels are good, so there’s no need to buy more of your regular groceries than normal.
“And as the festive season approaches, it’s always busier for our stores, so please consider shopping a little earlier than you usually would, to avoid the peak festive period.”
Due to the high demand in delivery slots, Tesco is urging customers to shop in-store as it will help free up online slots for those who really need it.
The supermarket giant has also updated their opening hours and asks customers to check their local store’s opening times before travelling.
According to Google data, the quietest time to shop in Tesco is typically during the week between Monday and Thursday.
Tesco, Aldi, Asda and M&S’ advice on latest lockdown opening times [INSIGHT]
Aldi & Lidl issue new shopping rules as England goes into lockdown [COMMENT]
Asda beats Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons for cheapest grocery shop [EXPLAINER]
The weekend tends to be the busiest, especially around midday.
Customers should also try to limit the amount of times they visit a supermarket, and only shop for essential groceries.
However for those who wish to order their festive shop online, the supermarket giant has unveiled the whole range that will be available.
Customers can order the ‘Festive Food To Order’ range online from November 13 to December 14.
The delivery slots must be booked between December 22 and 23 to ensure all customers can get their food in time for Christmas.
The first slots will be available to book for Delivery Saver customers from 7am on November 13, while non-Delivery Saver customers can order from 7am on November 20.
This year, Tesco has gone above and beyond to help make Christmas extra special for customers.
From meat centrepieces to delicious sides, Tesco has something available to meet a whole host of tastes this year.
The line-up includes turkey, prawns, pork loin, salmon as well as several pudding options.
This range of food is only available online via the ‘Festive Food To Order’ section on their website.
Products exclusive to Festive Food To Order
• Tesco Finest Two Garlic Butter Lobster Tails, £18.00
• Tesco Finest British Free Range Bronze Whole Turkey, £28.00 – £49.00
• Wicked Kitchen No-Turkey Crown, £5.00
• Tesco Finest Root Vegetable Gratin, £6.00
• Tesco Finest Wild Mushroom & Spinach Vol-au-Vents, £10.00
• Wicked Kitchen Ginger Chai Cake, £9.00
• Tesco Finest Whole Lamb Leg with Orange & Maple Glaze & Seeded Crumb, £30.00 – £48.00
• Tesco Ready to Cook Fresh Vegetable Selection, £8.00
• Tesco Finest Christmas Dinner for Two, £35.00
• Tesco Finest Cheese Celebration Cake, £30.00
• Tesco Finest Mini Tarts Selection, £12.00
• Tesco Finest Chocolate Orange & Maple Bauble Cake, £13.00
• Tesco Finest Four Black Forest Christmas Tree Pots, £8.00
• Tesco Finest Triple Caramel and Orange Opera Dessert, £8.00
• Tesco Finest Croquembouche, £15.00
• Tesco Finest Chocolate and Toffee Opera Dessert, £8.00
• Macaron Selection, £12.00
• Tesco Finest Passion Fruit Sleigh, £10.00
• Tesco Mediterranean Inspired Sharing Platter, £8.00
• Tesco Sausage Pastry Garland, £9.00
• Tesco Finest Cheddar Bakes, £12.00
• Tesco Finest Cheese Selection with Crackers and Chutney, £20.00
• Tesco Polar Bear Winter Scene Cake, £10.00
• Tesco Finest 3 Tier Seafood Platter with Marie Rose Sauce, £50.00
• Tesco Finest Venison Rack, £14.40-£20.80
• Tesco Prepared Vegetable Selection, £12.00
Source: Read Full Article