Tesco Black Friday deals 2020: What To Expect | The Sun UKSeptember 1, 2020
TESCO’S Black Friday deals were revealed a day before the event last year, giving shoppers an idea of what to expect on the day.
The headline deal was big money off Yankee candles and a 55-inch Toshiba TV – here's what to look out for this year.
Just because items are in a Black Friday sale, doesn't mean you can't find them, or something similar, cheaper elsewhere. Always shop around before spending your money.
When is Black Friday 2020?
This year Black Friday falls on November 27 – the day after the American holiday Thanksgiving.
The date changes each year as Thanksgiving also moves dates to always be the fourth Thursday in the month.
Tesco's Black Friday offerings arrived on the day itself last year, and there's no suggestion that will change in 2020.
But the retailer did give a preview of deals to expect when the event did begin, so it's best to keep an eye out.
Last year savings were seen across a range of categories, such as gifting, tech, appliances, luggage and food and drink.
- Shop Tesco's Black Friday sale – here
What to expect from Tesco's Black Friday sale
Tesco's widepread savings could return again this year , with technology and entertainment a key area for big savings.
The retailer has yet to confirm it will be taking part in the event, although it does still have a live Black Friday page from last year's event.
In last year's event – which ran until December 2 – Tesco's Black Friday sale included savings of up to 50 per cent.
Similarly big savings could be possible for bargain hunters and Christmas shoppers alike this November.
So as soon as we get confirmation of Tesco's plan for this year's deals we'll be updating here.
What was in the sale last year?
The headline deal of last year was a Toshiba 55-inch Smart UHD TV reduced by £100, costing £299 instead of £399.
Tesco also slashed the price of Breville kettles and toasters, as well as knocking money off six bottles of wine.
Here's the best bargains of he 2019 Tesco Black Friday sale.
- Yankee Candle Mega Bundle | Was: £40. Now: £20. Save: £20 (50 per cent)
- Toshiba 55” Smart UHD TV | Was: £399. Now: £299. Save: £100 (25 per cent)
- Sharp 40" Smart UHD TV | Was: £299 Now: £199. Save: £100 (33 per cent)
- Sharp 32" TV | Was: £159. Now: £139. Save: £20 (12 per cent)
- Echo Dot Colour – Charcoal or Sandstone | Was: £50. Now: £30. Save: £20 (40 per cent)
- Google Home Mini – Candy or Charcoal | Was: £49. Now: £19. Save: £30 (61 per cent)
- Tefal SV5021 Steam Generator Iron | Was: £99. Now: £49. Save: £40 (50 per cent)
- Shark IF250UKT Pet Duoclean Cordless Vacuum | Was: £479. Now: £249. Save: £230 (48 per cent)
- Sharp YC-MS01U-S 20L Black Manual Microwave | Was: £59. Now: £39. Save £20 (33 per cent)
- Breville Flow Kettle – Grey or Black | Was: £50. Now: £25. Save: £25 (50 per cent)
- Breville Flow Toaster – Grey or Black | Was: £50. Now: £25. Save: £25 (50 per cent)
- NDG Mini Me Automatic Coffee Machine – Grey or Black | Was: £58. Now: £29. Save: £29 (50 per cent)
- Tefal Easyfry Classic Air Fryer | Was: £79. Now: £39. Save: £40 (50 per cent)
- Rock Neo Large Case | Was: £70. Now: £33. Save: £37 (52 per cent)
- Rock Neo Cabin Case | Was: £60. Now: £23. Save: £37 (61 per cent)
- Babyliss Rose Gold Curl Secret | Was: £90. Now: £45. Save: £45 (50 per cent)
- Babyliss Elegance 2100W H/Dryer | Was: £40. Now: £20. Save: £20 (50 per cent)
- Babyliss Elegance 2598 H/Straight | Was: £60. Now: £35. Save: £25 (41 per cent)
Food and drink
- 25 per cent off six bottles of wine
How much does Tesco's delivery cost?
Tesco has had to alter its delivery details slightly due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
However, you canb find the most up to date information about deliveries, including the retailer's Delivery Saver option here.
Does Tesco offer any other discounts?
Tesco does offer its Clubcard discounts, in which shopping earns you points which can become vouchers.
The retailer doesn't offer and direct discounts for students – nor does it for military personnel or NHS workers.
It is possible to find Tesco discounts and vouchers codes from voucher sites though – like The Sun Vouchers.
Our tips for finding the best deals this Black Friday and Cyber Monday
IT might be tempting to dive in and snap up LOADS of items on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but here’s how you can guarantee you’re getting a good deal.
PREPARE Research the items you want to buy and find out the cheapest price. Websites like PriceSpy, PriceHistory and CamelCamelCamel will give you historical data on prices so you can see how much you should pay.
GET FOLLOWING Follow your favourite shops on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and sign up to its deals newsletter to get the latest on any offers. We post the best deals in our Sun Money FB group too.
CHECK FOR CODES Take a look at The Sun Vouchers, and see if you can get extra savings with discount codes.
For more information on the biggest shopping event of the year, here's our Black Friday guide.
While if you're looking for discounts for toys, don't forget to look at our Black Friday Toys page.
For product roundups and recommendations head over to Sun Selects.
Source: Read Full Article