Shake up your fish dish with tasty vegetable recipes from Mrs CrunchJanuary 16, 2021
SALMON is one of the most popular fish to serve at mealtimes.
As well as being good for you, it’s a family favourite, with many kids going crazy for it with pasta, potatoes or in a tasty fish pie.
But if lockdown is making mealtime boredom set in, you can shake up your salmon meals by serving it with some nice side dishes.
Here are three new vegetable recipes from morrisons.com to make your fish dish even more of a catch.
Roasted sweet potatoes
(Serves 4 – cost per portion: 26p)
Preparation time: 15 minutes.
Cooking time: 30 minutes.
- 525g sweet potato, chopped
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C/gas mark 7. Mix the sweet potatoes, onion and garlic in a bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the mixture and toss.
- Pour into a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast the sweet potato mixture in the preheated oven, turning frequently, until soft and golden brown, for around 30 to 35 minutes.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the vegetables then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Mixed vegetables with cashew nuts
(Serves 4 – cost per portion: £1.31)
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 10 minutes.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g cashew nuts
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 knob fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 125g baby corn, sliced lengthways
- 1 pack Chinese-style stir-fry vegetables
- 115g mixed mushrooms
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dry sherry
- 5 tbsp vegetable stock, made from half a cube
- 1 tsp cornflour, mixed with 1 tsp water
- 1 dash sesame oil, to taste
- Add 1 tbsp of the oil to a hot wok or frying pan.
- Lower the heat, add the cashews and toast for one to two minutes until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the remaining oil to the wok and stir-fry the garlic and ginger for one minute.
- Raise the heat and add the corn, stir frying for two minutes until it begins to soften.
- Next, add the vegetables and stir- fry for three minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for a further minute.
- Add the sugar, soy sauce, sherry and stock, stir in the cornflour mixture and simmer for one minute to thicken.
- Return the cashews to the wok and season to taste with the sesame oil. Transfer to a serving dish and serve.
Medley of vegetables with citrus butter
(Serves 6 – cost per portion: 83p)
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 20 minutes.
- 500g baby carrots, trimmed and scraped
- 500g parsnips, peeled and quartered length-ways
- 500g leeks, trimmed and cut into 2cm chunks
- 150g sugar snap peas
- Juice and finely-grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 25g butter
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch pepper, freshly ground
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the carrots and parsnips for five minutes.
- Add the leeks and sugar snap peas and cook for a further ten minutes until tender. Drain thoroughly.
- Place the orange zest and juice in a large pan with the honey, butter and seasoning.
- Heat gently until the butter melts, then add the cooked vegetables, increase the heat and toss well to cover.
- Heat through for two to three minutes and serve.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]co.uk
Source: Read Full Article