Rumors swirl there’s trouble in paradise for Prince Harry and Meghan MarkleJuly 19, 2023
Meghan Markle defies ‘no dogs’ rule at farmers’ market in Montecito
Score deals on celeb- and royal-loved Hunter boots in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
14 royal family-loved fashion picks to shop at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
Shop royal-loved fashion and beauty finds on sale for Prime Day
Rumors are swirling that there’s trouble in paradise for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
RadarOnline reported Tuesday that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are “taking time apart” to heal and rebuild their bond.
“They’re trying to figure out what hit them. Harry doesn’t fit in Meghan’s tacky Tinseltown world,” a source told the outlet, adding that he’s hoping to “find himself.”
However, an insider close to the couple — who wed in May 2018 — assures Page Six that any speculation of a breakup is untrue.
As Page Six previously reported, the renegade royal, 38, is making plans to return to Africa solo for a new Netflix documentary.
RadarOnline’s source said Harry feels “most like himself” while on the continent, which he considers his “second home.”
The source added that the Sussexes — who moved to Montecito, Calif., in March 2020 after stepping back as senior members of the royal family — are “under tremendous financial pressure to fund their lavish California lifestyle, including their $14 million mansion and huge security costs.”
For more Page Six you love …
- Listen to our weekly “We Hear” podcast
- Subscribe to our daily newsletter
- Shop our exclusive merch
“That stress, coupled with their emotional issues, has likely made life a living hell,” the source continued.
“Taking time apart on different continents will hopefully help them find whatever they need to move on.”
Meanwhile, an anonymous tipster told Deuxmoi the pair had “sold their mansion in Montecito” and that Harry was “living in another place.”
The self-proclaimed “curators of pop culture” behind the celeb gossip site responded, “Not sure if the house was sold but I had heard a couple weeks ago he was staying someplace else there.”
Despite public spats with their loved ones and widespread backlash to their various personal projects and business ventures, RadarOnline’s source claimed that the duo’s Spotify failure was a “game-changer” in their relationship.
Last month, Harry and Markle’s $20 million deal with the popular streaming service came to an abrupt end before their “Archetypes” podcast could see a second season.
At the time, insiders told us that the couple had struggled to come up with any great ideas for the podcaster.
Harry was reported to have pitched Spotify on interviewing Donald Trump, Mark Zuckerberg, Vladimir Putin and Pope Francis — a lineup that allegedly “puzzled” executives.
In fact, sports podcaster Bill Simmons — one of Spotify’s most senior execs — called the prince and the former actress, 41, “f–ing grifters” in the wake of their canceled contract.
The embarrassing ordeal capped a disastrous run of bad PR for the duo, which included their widely mocked claim to have been victims of a paparazzi-fueled, high-speed car chase, the prince’s controversial tell-all, “Spare,” and the twosome’s polarizing “Harry & Meghan” documentary.
“The hits keep coming for the Sussexes,” RadarOnline’s source said.
Meanwhile, royal expert Daniela Elser claimed that Markle — who shares 4-year-old son Archie and 2-year-old daughter Lilibet with Harry — is “looking to establish her own brand and make millions,” meaning that “for the first time, they are truly on divergent professional paths.”
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article