Royals attend Kate Middleton’s Christmas concert amid Netflix doc drama

Royals attend Kate Middleton’s Christmas concert amid Netflix doc drama

December 15, 2022

More On:

kate middleton

Kate Middleton and Princess Charlotte match in maroon for Christmas concert

Prince William, Kate Middleton haven’t watched ‘Harry & Meghan’ Netflix show

Pal defends Kate Middleton after Meghan Markle’s claims of ‘formality’

Kate Middleton sports her go-to white sneakers for 2022 Christmas card

Kate Middleton is not letting the drama surrounding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Netflix docuseries crush her Christmas spirit.

The Princess of Wales, 40, arrived at Westminster Abbey in London on Thursday for Royal Carols: Together at Christmas, her second annual holiday concert.

The event, which was sponsored by the Royal Foundation, paid tribute to the late Queen Elizabeth II, who died on Sept. 8 at the age of 96.

Middleton was joined by her husband, Prince William, also 40, and two of their three children, Prince George, 9, and Princess Charlotte, 7.

The couple’s youngest son, Prince Louis, 4, did not attend the event.

King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla were also present.

The royals appeared to be in good spirits, despite the release of Vol. 2 of Harry and Markle’s tell-all docuseries, “Harry & Meghan,” in which the couple dropped bombshells about their strained relationship with the rest of the royal family.

In the latest three episodes of the documentary, released earlier on Thursday, the Duke of Sussex, 38, revealed that William allegedly broke a pact they made about not letting their offices trade negative stories to the press about each other.



“William and I both saw what happened in our dad’s [King Charles III’s] office and we made an agreement that we would never let that happen to our office,” Harry said.

“I would far rather get destroyed in the press than play along with this game or business of trading,” the “Spare” author continued, “and to see my brother’s office doing the same thing that we promised the two of us would never, ever do, that was heartbreaking.”

Additionally, Harry said that his rift with William deepened after he and Markle, 41, announced that they were stepping away from the royal family in January 2020.

“It was terrifying to have my brother scream and shout at me, and my father say things that just simply weren’t true, and my grandmother [Queen Elizabeth II] quietly sit there and just take it all in,” he explained in Episode 5 of “Harry & Meghan.”


“The saddest part of it was this wedge that it created between myself and my brother.”

While Buckingham Palace has declined to comment on “Harry & Meghan,” a source close to the royals told Page Six that William and Middleton have not watched the docuseries, which racked up 81.55 million viewing hours globally within its first four days of release, per Netflix.

“William and Kate’s aides have briefed them on the show, but don’t expect the couple to sit down in their cottage with a bowl of popcorn to tune in themselves,” the source quipped.

All six episodes of “Harry & Meghan” are now available to stream on Netflix.

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article