Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Netflix show will air in December despite reports

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Netflix show will air in December despite reports

October 17, 2022

More On:

royal family

Harry and Meghan’s much-anticipated Netflix doc delayed amid backlash: report

Sarah Ferguson shares photos of Queen’s beloved corgis

Camilla might not wear controversial Koh-i-noor diamond crown to coronation

King Charles’ coronation date ‘absolutely not’ a dig at Meghan, Harry: expert

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s hotly-anticipated Netflix docu-series is still set to premiere this year — and is being slated for a December release, multiple sources tell Page Six.

A Deadline report Monday claimed that the show was being pushed back until 2023 amid a backlash over the upcoming season of Netflix hit “The Crown.”

“They’re rattled at Netflix and they blinked first and decided to postpone the documentary,” a source told the outlet.

But despite everything, we’re told that the show will go on — and any issues surrounding the doc had nothing to do with the fifth season of “The Crown.”

As we previously revealed, Netflix sources told us there were issues between the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Netflix as they wanted to delete any incriminating comments they had made about King Charles III, Queen Consort Camilla Parker-Bowles, Prince William and Kate Middleton, Princess of Wales.

The couple had indeed been the ones who wanted to delay the show until next year.

But one highly-placed industry insider told Page Six, “As far as I am aware, the docu-series is still going ahead later this year.”

Netflix has yet to announce an official release date and insiders told us that there were still issues with the doc: Harry and Markle made comments in it that contradict what he wrote in his upcoming memoir. 

Reps for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Netflix did not immediately respond to Page Six’s request for comment.


The couple was the one who allegedly wanted the show to be pushed back.

Getty Images


The couple was the one who allegedly wanted the show to be pushed back.

Getty Images for Invictus Games


The couple was the one who allegedly wanted the show to be pushed back.

AP

Wendy Williams is opening a restaurant, according to Rosanna Scotto

View Slideshow

Source: Read Full Article