Our top tips for cutting the cost of sending Christmas cards this year — plus win £15,000 in our raffleDecember 11, 2018
But sharing your festive greetings need not break the bank.
Here are some simple ways to cut the cost of card giving . . .
- HUNT OUT BARGAINS: Got a long list of friends and family? Card Factory is selling boxes of 30 cards for just £1.99 in different luxury designs. That works out at just 7p a card. Meanwhile, at Paperchase, a box containing 30 cards in nine designs comes to £3.85 — that’s just under 13p each.
- GET CRAFTY: If you want your cards to look unique, perhaps with your baby’s handprint or drawing, buy some plain paper and envelopes and get creative. The Works has 14 plain white scalloped-edge cards for only £2 — about 14p per card. They come with envelopes and are perfect for decorating. Shop-bought hand-painted designs cost a hefty £2.66 at Etsy.
SAVE: £2.52 per card
- RECYCLE: Many of us save our cards from previous years. But if they’re taking up too much space, cut them in half so you just have the decorated front. Then cut out a festive shape, such as baubles or a Christmas tree, and write on the back. It looks cute and there is no need to buy new.
SAVE: up to £2 on an individual Christmas card from Asda
- PHOTO FUN: Sending a photo of the family is a great way to add a special touch to your Christmas cards. Vistaprint is offering ten folded cards with one photo on for £5.88, reduced from £14.70.
We found a similar style on funkypigeon.com selling each card for £3.29.
SAVE: £2.71 per card
- ALL prices correct at time of going to press. Deals and offers subject to availability.
Deal of the day
GET 50 per cent off Goldsmiths’ Christmas Diamond Gift Set collection, including this silver knot set. Was £200, now £100.
ENJOY a delicious dip with ChicP Houmous, made from “imperfect veg”, now two for £3 on Ocado. Usually £1.99 each. Offer ends at the end of this month.
My Sun Savers fiver
ANN STEVENTON from Wellingborough, Northants, says: “My Savers fivers are helping towards Christmas presents for 15 grandchildren.”
- Send us your Savers fiver story to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours. Please include your name and town.
£15K to win for XMAS – how do I enter?
HAVE a Christmas to remember thanks to our latest sensational Sun Savers competition.
We’re giving THREE lucky readers £5,000 each towards their festive expenses.
Bag our prize and you won’t need to worry about all the presents, the big food shop or any decorations you want to put up.
To enter, download the Sun Savers app or sign up at sunsavers.co.uk. Then collect TEN Sun Savers codes from the 18 printed daily in the paper until Tuesday, December 11.
Enter the codes on the Sun Savers app or website. After your tenth code, head back to the “Win Christmas” page found in the “Offers” section and click “Enter” there.
Make sure you enter before midnight on Monday, December 17 when the competition closes.
Sun Savers is our fantastic rewards club which gives all readers the chance to take advantage of FREE cash, treats and prizes. If you’re not already a Sun Savers member then sign up today and get involved.
T&Cs apply – to read in full, see sunsavers.co.uk.
KEEP winter dryness at bay with Crazy Rumors Hibiskiss tinted lip balm such as this shade in Coral, above. At less than a fiver, it is way cheaper than Clinique’s Heftiest Hibiscus Intense Moisturising Colour Balm.
Reader's saving tip
LINDA GLOVER from Bideford, Devon, says: “Recycle envelopes received in the post as scrap paper to use for writing notes and shopping lists.”
- Post your ideas at sunsavers.co.uk/tips and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours. Please include your name and town.
Shop & save
POP a bottle of the De Bortoli Woodfired Heathcote Sparkling Shiraz, from Sainsbury’s. Was £15, now £12. Offer ends January 1.
Hot right now
QUICK! B&M has a new party food range, which includes a 10-pack of duck spring rolls or tempura prawns for just £1 each.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.