Oscars 2022: Worst dressed stars, revealedMarch 27, 2022
And the Oscar for WORST dressed goes to… As the 94th Academy Awards red carpet kicks off in a blaze of glamour, the A-list guests who missed the mark with disastrous dresses and awful accessories
- The 94th Academy Awards takes place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood on Sunday evening
- This year’s red carpet kicked off at 4PM ET, with early arrivals including the likes of Vanessa Hudgens, Jamie Lee Curtis, Laverne Cox, and Sofia Carson, all of whom opted for dark gowns
- However while they all made a splash with their looks, several attendees missed the fashion mark completely
- There were a variety of bizarre accessories being showcased on the red carpet, including a handbag that looked like the head of a statue, and a purse that was shaped like a multi-colored boom box
- Among the other stars who suffered fashion fails were Tracee Ellis Ross in a red dress that featured awkwardly small boob cups, which looked as though they might slip at any second
- Niecy Nash also failed to impress in her garish pink gown, which had a slit that reached up to her crotch
After two years of canceled, toned-down, or scaled-back red carpet events, the Academy Awards have returned with a bang, bringing together a host of stylish celebrities putting their most fashionable foot forward in Hollywood on Sunday night.
But while the majority of guests at the star-studded Oscars hit the ball out of the park when it came to their ensemble choices for the evening, there were – as always – several attendees who totally missed the mark with their outfits.
This year’s red carpet, which kicked off an hour earlier than usual, four hours ahead of the ceremony, saw a host of early arrivals, with the likes of Vanessa Hudgens, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Laverne Cox among some of the first to set the stylish tone for the evening.
However, the normally-stylish Tracee Ellis Ross made a rare fashion misstep in her vibrant red gown, which featured bizarre breast cups that looked as though they might lead to a very unfortunate accidental exposure at any second.
Actress Niece Nash was another star who risked a red carpet mishap with her garish neon pink gown, which featured a very risque slit that rose all the way to her crotch.
This year’s Oscars red carpet didn’t fail to provide viewers with plenty of memorable style moments, both good and bad, with Tracee Ellis Ross landing herself on the worst-dressed list thanks to the barely-there breast cups on her red gown
Like Tracee, actress Niecy Nash risked a red carpet mishap in her garish pink gown, which had a raunchy slit that rose all the way up to her crotch
At times during her red carpet walk, it looked as though Nash was going to accidentally bare much more than she intended
Pink was an unlucky color on Sunday night, with Colombian actress Carolina Gaitán also dropping the style ball with her voluminous gown, which featured comically-large sleeves
Pink proved to be an unlucky color for another actress, Colombian starlet Carolina Gaitán, who sported an almost comically voluminous gown that completely swamped her petite frame.
Share this article
Swedish makeup artist Eva Von Bahr made a unique choice with her dress, which featured a Renaissance-style design and was paired with a bizarre statue-style handbag
Von Bahr’s handbag (center) was not the only awkward accessory spotted on the red carpet: Producer Mary Parent donned a huge flower on her dress (left), while Diane Warren carried a tacky-looking boom box bag (right)
Warren and Parent’s accessories took away from their ensembles, leaving them looking tacky rather than high-end
Orange Is the New Black star Diane Guerrero channeled Cruella de Vil in her polka-dot gown
British makeup artist Julia Vernon looked like she was preparing to head out to a concert or a bar in her chunky boots, leather leggings, and voluminous top, not a glamorous red carpet event
Both Renate Reinsve and Rickey Thompson could well have DIYed their outfits at home, with the latter looking as though he had hot glue gunned several Christmas ornaments on his ensemble
While singer Becky G’s dress was beautiful, it featured bizarre saddle bag-style additions on the hips that ruined the silhouette of the otherwise-stunning gown
Source: Read Full Article