Lidl Christmas 2018 hours – what time is the supermarket open over Christmas and New Year?December 23, 2018
Plan your Christmas shopping around these times to make sure you're stocked up with all the festive treats you need for the big day.
What are Lidl’s opening hours in the run up to Christmas Day?
Lidl stores will be open in the run up to Christmas, albeit with slightly reduced opening hours.
Stores will be closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day so make sure to get your shopping done early! Opening hours for the Christmas period are listed below.
- Saturday, December 22 – 7am – 10pm
- Sunday, December 23 – 10am – 4pm (Open 30 minutes earlier for browsing)
- Christmas Eve – 8am – 6pm
- Christmas Day – CLOSED
- Boxing Day – CLOSED
What are Lidl’s opening hours in the run up to New Year?
Lidl stores are operating as normal after Christmas, apart from closure on News Year's Day, so ensure you purchase food for your celebrations in advance.
Thursday, December 27 – 8am – 8pm
Friday, December 28 – 8am – 8pm
Saturday, December 29 – 8am – 10pm
Sunday, December 30 – 10am – 4pm
New Year's Eve – 8am – 6pm
New Year's Day – CLOSED
Festive facts for Christmas and New Year 2018/19
- It's commonly believed that eating mince pies is illegal on Christmas Day. It really was in the 1600s thanks to Oliver Cromwell, but King Charles II rewound this crazy law.
- Boxing Day has several origin stories which range from Victorian Church boxes and gift boxes for servants to take home, however, none are definitive.
- Mistletoe's mystical properties stem back to the Celts and Norse people who believed there was something mystical about the plant as the sprigs stayed green in winter even when the tree has lost its leaves. The concept of kissing under mistletoe, however, comes from an ancient Norse tale.
- Hogmanay is the Scottish word for the last day of the year and has become synonymous with New Year celebrations. It is usually celebrated from New Year's Eve all the way into January 2.
Source: Read Full Article