John Farnham recovering after cancer successfully removed from mouth

John Farnham recovering after cancer successfully removed from mouth

August 23, 2022

John Farnham’s family says the cancer that forced the Australian music icon to undergo marathon surgery on Tuesday was located in his mouth, and has been successfully removed following the operation.

In a statement released by his family on Wednesday morning, Farnham’s wife Jill said her husband was in a stable condition, recovering in intensive care in a Victorian hospital.

“John has been through an eleven-and-a-half-hour surgery in Melbourne yesterday and is now in a stable condition in ICU. The cancerous tumour was located in his mouth and it has been successfully removed,” she said.

“There is still a long road of recovery and healing ahead of us, but we know John is up for that task.”

The singer’s family said they were “genuinely overwhelmed” by the support they had received from around Australia after they announced on Tuesday that the 73-year-old had been diagnosed with cancer and would undergo surgery.

“This means so much to us as a family. Thank you to everyone for this. John will be blown away,” the statement said.

John Farnham with his wife Jill and sons Robert and James in 2018.

Farnham’s sons Rob and James also thanked healthcare workers who had helped the Australian singer through his marathon surgery on Tuesday.

“We are in awe of the incredible teams of healthcare professionals who have guided us through this very challenging time with such compassion,” the pair said.

“All of you undertook this big job and have given us a magnificent outcome. To all the surgeons, doctors, nurses and consultants – thank you one and all so very much.”

More to come.

The Morning Edition newsletter is our guide to the day’s most important and interesting stories, analysis and insights. Sign up here.

Most Viewed in Culture

From our partners

Source: Read Full Article