How to make Thai yellow curry in 30 minutesSeptember 11, 2022
Sunday night dinner sorted: Foodie shares how to make a ‘cosy’ Thai curry in 30 minutes
- Sydney foodie Ayeh Far shared a simple Thai yellow curry recipe
- In a video she said the dish can be made in just 30 minutes
- You’ll need an assortment of ingredients, including Valcom yellow curry paste
- It can be made to suit vegans and vegetarians if tofu is used instead of meat
A Sydney foodie has offered a simple dinner recipe for a Thai yellow curry that’ll satisfy the whole family.
Ayeh Far, who has more than 2.3million followers on TikTok, made the dish using onion, garlic, ginger, Valcom yellow curry paste, vegetable stock, coconut milk, vegetables and tofu.
‘If you’re looking for a cosy dinner in 30 minutes, go and make this Thai yellow curry,’ she said in the clip.
Scroll down for video
Sydney foodie Ayeh Far shared her simple recipe to make Thai yellow curry. She made the dish made the dish using onion, garlic, ginger, Valcom yellow curry paste, vegetable stock, coconut milk, vegetables and tofu
‘If you’re looking for a cosy dinner in 30 minutes, go and make this Thai yellow curry,’ she said in a video shared on TikTok
To make the tasty dish, she began by chopping the potatoes, carrots, zucchini, onion, garlic and ginger.
In a large pot over medium heat she fried the onion then added the garlic and ginger.
She then added four to five tablespoons of Valcom yellow curry paste, followed by vegetable stock and coconut milk.
‘It smells so good,’ Ayeh said and stirred the ingredients together.
Next, the potatoes and carrots were added and left to cook for 10 minutes with a lid on.
Once the vegetables were cooked through, Ayeh added the tofu – but a substitute meat like chicken could also be used.
To complete the meal she placed a few fresh basil leaves into the curry and left to simmer for a few minutes.
The curry was served over a bed of hot white rice and looked mouthwatering.
Once the vegetables were cooked through in a large pot, Ayeh added the tofu – but a substitute meat like chicken could also be used
How to make Thai yellow curry:
- 350 g firm tofu
- 100 g yellow curry paste (4-5 tablespoons)
- 1 onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon diced ginger
- 2 carrots
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1-2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 400mL canned coconut milk
- 2 handfuls fresh Thai basil leaves or regular basil
- Salt to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Rice to serve
1. Prepare ingredients, dice garlic and ginger, slice vegetables into similar bite-sized pieces, and dice tofu into cubes
2. Sauté onion in olive oil and once translucent add the ginger and garlic. Add the curry paste and sauté for a few minutes until lovely and fragrant
3. Add 1 cup of the vegetable stock along with the coconut milk, stir through and place the lid on and bring to the boil
4. Add potatoes and carrots, season with salt and optional chili flakes. Place lid on and allow to simmer on medium-high heat until vegetables are almost cooked through (in about 8 to 10 minutes). If the broth has reduced too much or is too thick, add the second cup of vegetable stock
5. Add zucchini and tofu and cook for 2 minutes. Tear in the basil leaves, serve with white jasmine rice with a squeeze of lime and enjoy your vegan Thai Yellow Curry
Source: Cooking with Ayeh
The video has since been viewed more than 19,000 times after 48 hours and left many foodies inspired.
‘You can never go wrong with rice n yummy curry,’ one person commented.
Another added: ‘I love the Valcom yellow curry paste.’
A third person thanked Ayeh for sharing the simple recipe, while another praised the video.
Source: Read Full Article