Home Bargains is selling a shimmering unicorn boozy liqueur for £5 and it tastes of marshmallowMay 2, 2019
HOME Bargains is selling a unicorn themed boozy liqueur that tastes like marshmallows and even shimmers with edible glitter.
The budget retailer is stocking the magical drink in two other flavours too – cola and strawberries and cream.
The tipple is made with 14.5 per cent ABV although it's not clear exactly what booze it is, only that it's a "distilled spirit".
Each 750ml bottle costs £5 each and was spotted by bargain hunters over on the Extreme Couponing and Bargains UK Facebook group.
It was shared earlier this morning and has already received over 262 comments from members excited to get their hands on the drink.
Home Bargains was unable to tell us how long the drinks will be stocked for, or whether they're a limited product, but one customer posted on the group that she couldn't find any in her local store.
Here's how to cut the cost of your grocery shop
SAVING on your shop can make a big difference to your wallet. Here are some tips from Hannah Maundrell, editor of Money.co.uk, about how you can cut the cost of your shopping bills:
- Write yourself a list – Only buy items that you need. If it isn’t on your list, don’t put it in the trolley
- Create a budget – Work out a weekly budget for your food shopping
- Never shop hungry – you are far more likely to buy more food if your tummy is rumbling
- Don’t buy pre-chopped veggies or fruit – The extra they’ll charge for chopping can be eye watering
- Use social media – follow your favourite retailers to find out about the latest deals
- Be disloyal – You may want to go to different stores to find the best bargains
- Check the small print – It’s always worth checking the price per kg/lb/litre when comparing offers so you’re making a like for like decision as a bigger box won’t necessarily mean you get more
- Use your loyalty cards – Don’t be afraid to sign up to them all. They all work slightly differently – work out what bonus suits you better and remember to trade in your points for additional rewards
This would suggest that you might want to head down to your nearest branch as soon as possible as it's not available to buy online – here's how to find your closest store.
Sidekick is a South African brand that also makes the creamy liqueur in cookies and cream, toffee and caramel, and peanut butter and cream flavours.
Unfortunately, you can't get those flavours over in the UK – in fact, we couldn't find any other UK retailer stocking Sidekick.
Smirnoff makes a "fluffed marshmallow" flavour booze but it's only on sale in America and costs £28.49 from the drinksupermarket – so you'll definitely be saving on the plonk from Home Bargains.
Last year, the Naked Marshmallow Co launched a marshmallow infused gin that costs £32 a pop.
Retailers have become obsessed in recent years with making products "unicorn" themed.
B&M began selling straws that "turn your milk a unicorn flavour" and even boxes of Kellogg's Unicorn Froot Loops breakfast cereal.
Walls has also released a unicorn themed Cornetto and it looks like something from a magical fairy tale land.
It's not available in the UK but in the summer, you can get your hands on a unicorn dessert from Asda.
Source: Read Full Article