Ellen Pompeo back to work on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ amid COVID-19 pandemicSeptember 9, 2020
Ellen Pompeo is scrubbing back in for another season of “Grey’s Anatomy.”
“First time back in my scrubs… since we shut down filming 7000 healthcare workers have died from Covid,” the actress, 50, captioned a masked selfie with co-star Richard Flood on Tuesday.
The caption continued, “I dedicate my season 17 to all who have fallen and to everyone of you who by the grace of God is still standing… this season is for you with humility and a bit of humor to get us through and endless amounts of gratitude. I hope we do you proud 🙏🏼❤️.”
Deadline reported in March that the ABC series was shut down with four episodes left to film for Season 16.
Krista Vernoff, the show’s executive producer, said in an interview with the Television Academy in July that the show would address the coronavirus pandemic in the upcoming season.
“There’s no way to be a long-running medical show and not do the medical story of our lifetimes,” she said.
She added that the writers had been meeting with doctors to discuss COVID-19, explaining: “The doctors come in and we’re the first people they’re talking to about these types of experiences they’re having. They are literally shaking and trying not to cry, they’re pale, and they’re talking about it as war — a war that they were not trained for.
“I feel like our show has an opportunity and a responsibility to tell some of those stories. Our conversations have been constantly about how do we keep alive humor and romance while we tell these really painful stories.”
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article