Boots is giving shoppers 200 free Advantage Card points – here's how to get themApril 27, 2019
BOOTS is giving loyal customers a chance to get 200 Advantage card points for free.
Normally you'd have to spend at least £50 in store before collecting that number of points, which are worth £2 when you shop.
All customers have to do is download the Boots app and link your Advantage card to it.
The extra points will then automatically be added to your account which you can opt to use when you next shop.
The deal was shared by bargain hunters on HotUKDeals, and although the app is free to download on IOS and Android phones, some users have complained that it's not compatible with those that run on Windows.
Normally, customers collect four points for every £1 they spend either online or in store with the brand.
What you need to know before signing up to any reward scheme
THERE are thousands of different loyalty schemes and reward cards available – so you need to make sure you know what you're signing up for
- By signing up for a loyalty card, a retailer will get a lot of information about you and your shopping habits. The data might be shared within its group of companies to target you with offers and advertising.
- If a firm goes bust, you will lose your points, which have no cash value. Hoarding points also means you risk losing them if a retailer or restaurant shuts your account after a long period of inaction.
- Read the terms and conditions carefullly some retailers and restaurant will have expiration dates on certain offers (for example you might have limited amount of time to spend your extra points).
- Don’t choose where to shop or where to eat based on a store’s loyalty scheme. If there is a particular item you want, shop around rather than head straight for the retailer where you have a loyalty card. In a restaurant check some of the special deals or menus – they might be better value than the loyalty scheme.
- Beware of spending more simply because you have a loyalty card and don’t buy something just for any bonus points you may earn.
Shoppers can also use the app to order products online, book appointments such as with the opticians or pharmacist, and manage prescriptions.
If you don't already have an Advantage Card, you can sign up online. You'll need to provide some personal detail like your name and address.
It's not the best deal that the retailer has run – back in November last year it gave shoppers who spent £50 in store 1,000 free bonus points worth £10.
Earlier this year, it also launched a student discount for those in college or at university 10 per cent off all purchases.
One savvy holidaymaker discovered a way to dodge the luggage liquid restrictions on toiletries at airports by using the click and collect service at Boots.
Fancy a freebie? We've put together a round up of how to get freebies from shops like Boots, Mothercare, M&S and Tesco.
Not sure that all loyalty schemes are worth it? We reveal the ones that are worth keeping in your wallet.
Source: Read Full Article