Royal Family news latest – Grieving Queen breaks silence on Prince Philip's death revealing devastating scale of loss

Royal Family news latest – Grieving Queen breaks silence on Prince Philip's death revealing devastating scale of loss

October 4, 2021

THE Queen yesterday spoke publicly about Prince Philip for the first time since his death.

Her Majesty, 95, recalled the “many happy memories” she and her husband shared as she officially opened the new session of the Scottish parliament at Holyrood last week.

She told MSPs in the socially distanced debating chamber: “I have spoken before of my deep and abiding affection for this wonderful country, and of the many happy memories Prince Philip and I always held of our time here.

“It is often said that it is the people that make a place, and there are few places where this is truer than in Scotland, as we have seen in recent times," she added in a clear reference to how much she misses Philip.

Read our Royal Family live blog for the latest updates…

  • John Hall

    The Queen’s secret ‘booze tunnel’ under Buckingham palace

    The Queen has a secret “booze tunnel” under Buckingham palace, according to one of her in-laws.

    Princess Eugenie’s husband, Jack Brooksbank, let slip that the royal family can discreetly head to a cocktail bar from the palace thanks to hidden underground tunnels.

    According to The Star the tequila salesman apparently shared the information with the Daily Mail’s royal editor, Richard Eden at a party sponsored by his drinks brand Casamigos.

    Eden claims Brooksbank said: “There is one to Dukes Bar from St James’s Palace. I haven’t used it yet, but I’d love to check it out.”

    Dukes Bar situated in the exclusive Mayfair residence, Dukes Hotel, is famous for its ‘legendary’ martinis described by the New York Times as ‘one of the world’s best.’

  • John Hall

    Harry ‘hypocritical’ for lecturing on climate change

    Former government minister Norman Baker, 64, told Newsweek: “It’s completely hypocritical for Prince Harry or other members of the royal family to lecture people about climate change when they’re emitting more carbon than almost everyone else on the planet.

    “People using private jets are in the top one percent of carbon emitters in the world.

    “Prince Harry needs to stop using private jets or if he wants to use private jets he needs to stop lecturing people on climate change. It is not particularly challenging to get a flight from New York to California – people do it all the time.”

    The couple have faced repeated criticism for insisting on using  private flights, despite preaching about the environment.

    Baker said Harry and Meghan took 18 private jet trips in the 12 months from January 2019 to January 2020.

  • John Hall

    Cambridges want new PA

    Kate Middleton and Prince William are on the hunt for a new personal assistant to join their team.

    The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge "require an experienced PA to provide comprehensive administrative support to a busy team” according to the job description on Daybook.

    They will also take on handling telephone calls and regularly drafting letters and emails.

    The role is a permanent contract of 37.5 hours a week with the new PA settling into an office at the Cambridge’s London home of Kensington Palace.

    According to the job listing, desirable candidates will “have previous personal assistant and administrative experience, including managing busy diaries and drafting correspondence. Candidates will have impeccable IT skills and a proactive approach.”

  • John Hall

    Queen speaks publicly about Prince Philip for the first time since his death

    THE Queen has spoke publicly about Prince Philip for the first time since his death.

    Her Majesty, 95, recalled the “many happy memories” she and her husband shared as she officially opened the new session of the Scottish parliament at Holyrood.

    She told MSPs in the socially distanced debating chamber: “I have spoken before of my deep and abiding affection for this wonderful country, and of the many happy memories Prince Philip and I always held of our time here.

    “It is often said that it is the people that make a place, and there are few places where this is truer than in Scotland, as we have seen in recent times.”

    The Duke of Edinburgh, who died two months’ before his 100th birthday, had a number of connections to Scotland.

  • John Hall

    Cambridges want new PA

    Kate Middleton and Prince William are on the hunt for a new personal assistant to join their team.

    The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge "require an experienced PA to provide comprehensive administrative support to a busy team” according to the job description on Daybook.

    They will also take on handling telephone calls and regularly drafting letters and emails.

    The role is a permanent contract of 37.5 hours a week with the new PA settling into an office at the Cambridge’s London home of Kensington Palace.

    According to the job listing, desirable candidates will “have previous personal assistant and administrative experience, including managing busy diaries and drafting correspondence. Candidates will have impeccable IT skills and a proactive approach.”

  • John Hall

    Queen speaks publicly about Prince Philip for the first time since his death

    THE Queen has spoke publicly about Prince Philip for the first time since his death.

    Her Majesty, 95, recalled the “many happy memories” she and her husband shared as she officially opened the new session of the Scottish parliament at Holyrood.

    She told MSPs in the socially distanced debating chamber: “I have spoken before of my deep and abiding affection for this wonderful country, and of the many happy memories Prince Philip and I always held of our time here.

    “It is often said that it is the people that make a place, and there are few places where this is truer than in Scotland, as we have seen in recent times.”

    The Duke of Edinburgh, who died two months’ before his 100th birthday, had a number of connections to Scotland.

  • John Hall

    Sussexes attempted to pull focus from Royals onto themselves

    Harry, 37, was seen with a wire hanging out of his trouser pocket, leaving many suspecting there could have been other motives for his and Meghan’s NY trip.

    Claims they were filming for Netflix continued after pictures emerged showing a cameraman trailing the couple for much of their trip.

    Royal writer Angela Levin told The Sun: “As well as attempting to pull focus from the Royal Family onto themselves, they appeared to be filming the whole thing for a Netflix documentary. 

    “Harry was spotted with a microphone wire going into his back pocket and cameras were catching every moment of their chats with members of the public and the mayor of New York.

    “My question is whether they have told all the people they are talking to that they will be included [in the documentary].”

  • John Hall

    Royal Family is ‘rooting’ for Kate

    THE entire royal family is “rooting” for Kate Middleton who won’t “use the monarchy for her own personal gain like Meghan Markle”, insiders have said.

    Sources close to the Firm told MailOnline: “It’s fair to say the whole institution has been rooting for the Duchess of Cambridge.

    “There was a clear moment where an active decision was made to change her look – be more confident in her style, her approach, her projects, the events she would say yes to.

    “There was a clear moment where an active decision was made to change her look – be more confident in her style, her approach, her projects, the events she would say yes to.

    “This was nothing about changing stylists or staff, either. It was about Kate acknowledging the Duchess of Sussex had changed the game and it was necessary for her to compete.

    “That had already been going on between the Prince of Wales and his two sons for some time, but Catherine had never felt the need to get involved. She is the ultimate team player.

    “But she soon became aware of how Meghan was trying to use the monarchy for her own personal gain and it helped Catherine understand the importance of the role she could play.”

  • John Hall

    Sussexes took 21 private jets in 2 years

    PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle have been branded “completely hypocritical” after reportedly taking 21 private jets in two years while preaching about climate change.

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex appeared at a gig at the weekend calling for action on climate change — and then climbed aboard a Dassault Falcon 2000 jet and flew back to their £11million mansion in Montecito, California.

    The star-studded Global ­Citizen Live concert in New York — dubbed “Wokestock” — demanded tough new eco laws to halve US emissions by 2030.

    Harry, 37, and Meghan, 40, appeared on stage and pressed the “wealthiest nations” to deliver on a £70billion-a-year pledge to help developing countries go green.

    But after the event, the couple flew home by private jet, with pictures showing them hugging their team after stepping off the aircraft.

  • John Hall

    Princely plans

    Last year, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex signed a £112m deal with the production company after quitting the Royal Family.

    In the partnership with Netflix, the couple agreed to a multi-year deal to produce nature series, documentaries and children’s programming.

    Such projects were sought, Prince Harry had claimed in their explosive Oprah Winfrey interview in March, as his family had cut him off financially at the start of 2020 after announcing their Megxit plans.

    In April of this year, the couple revealed their first project for the streaming platform – an Invictus Games documentary.

    Prince Harry, who will appear on camera and be an executive producer for the documentary, gushed over the series, saying he couldn’t wait for the series to reveal the “mosaic of resilience”. 

    In July, it was claimed that Meghan had started working on a Netflix series with David Furnish two years before Megxit.

    The Duchess of Sussex and Elton John’s husband began working on the new animated series, that has the working title ‘Pearl’, several years ago according to Page Six.

  • John Hall

    Buckingham Palace left terrified

    THE Royal Family is braced for another devastating attack from Prince Harry — as he personally researches his mother’s life for a new book.

    Experts also fear he may use the memoir to name the “royal racist”.

    Royal insiders believe he will now be under extreme pressure to identify the family member he alleges made racist remarks about the colour of baby son Archie’s skin.

    Harry is understood to have been contacting Princess Diana’s old friends.

    It had been thought he would leave most of the work to a ghostwriter.

    Now, Palace sources are “surprised” at how involved he has become.

  • John Hall

    The royal princesses' names explained

    Sienna's first name is derived from the Tuscan city of Siena, and it is a clear reference to her father's Italian roots. The baby's middle name pays honour to the Queen.

    This is Queen Elizabeth's 12th great-grandchild and arrives just over three months after Lilibet Diana, Harry and Meghan's second child who they also named in honour of the Queen.

    Back in June, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex welcomed their daughter, Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor.

    She was named after the Queen's family nickname and also Harry's mother Princess Diana, who died in a car crash in 1997.

    Prince William and Kate Middleton's six-year-old daughter Charlotte's name also pays tribute to the monarch.

    Her full name, including her title, is Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge.

    While Charlotte's first name is a nod to her grandfather, Prince Charles, her middle names, Elizabeth and Diana, pay homage to the same women who are Lilibet's namesakes.

  • John Hall

    Meg & Harry slammed as ‘insufferable’ by Sky News host

    Sky News host Alan Jones snapped live on air today – blasting that the “whole world is fed up” with Harry & Meghan’s “preaching”.

    Incensed by the couple’s high-profile trip to New York last week, the Australian presenter slammed the pair and blasted their “do-gooder activities”.

    Mr Jones argued that as the pair had chosen to quit as senior royals, they should not be arranging to meet people in power.

    “These two are truly insufferable,” he fumed.

    “The latest, a trip to New York for a bunch of do-gooder activities. One was to visit the United Nations to have a meeting with the United Nations deputy Secretary-General. Honestly, on what basis are these two non-working members of the royal family meeting any politician or world leader?”

    Mr Jone also hit out at the couple for sharing messages and lecturing about climate change and the coronavirus pandemic.

    He continued: “I mean, the whole world is fed up with these two and their preaching. I thought they wanted to live a quiet life out of the limelight. I think we wish they did.”

    Source: Read Full Article