I'm a cleaning whizz & my 1p hack will instantly banish water marks from your taps – & you don't need any fancy products | The SunMay 6, 2023
A CLEANING guru has shared how to effectively banish harsh water marks from your taps without having to fork out for pricey products.
Nothing can ruin the aesthetic of your home quite like annoying water marks – but luckily, one fan of cleaning has come to rescue with an easy hack to tackle the common issue.
The best part? Not only is it effective and cheap, but you also won't need to waste money on harsh chemical products.
The trick, according to @thegoodlifehack who shared it on TikTok, is using… a candle.
In the video, which has been viewed a whopping 30.2million times, the whizz starts by grabbing a candle and rubbing it all over her bathroom tap.
Once all the surface had been covered, the woman took a dry cloth and gently went over the wax residue on the tap.
read more on homes
I’m a cleaning pro – the hoover bag trick to make your pad smell amazing
I’m an interior designer & your house is ugly if you’re making these 3 mistakes
As the wax had created a slippery surface, any water was immediately falling off, leaving no stains.
Baffled by the hack, over 1.6k people on social media flocked to comments to than the whizz, where someone even dubbed it ''witchcraft''.
One fan of the inexpensive trick said: ''Wax also has an amazing ability to retain dust, not sure which quality I'd prefer.''
Another couldn't wait to give it a go, writing: ''Wwwowooowowo!!! Running to Try!!!''
Most read in Fabulous
Speculation Prince Harry has landed back in UK for coronation as rift rages
I’m a fashion expert – 8 tricks Kate Middleton uses to look flawless
Kate & Wills raise a pint for coronation & reveal how son, 9, feels about role
People are only just realising what wine gums are REALLY made of
Someone else advised: ''Also you can use wax on the bottoms and sides of dresser drawers etc so they slide easily and don’t squeak.''
However, not everyone was sold on the idea, as a few critics also shared their thoughts.
FABULOUS BINGO: Get a £20 bonus & 30 free spins when you spend £10 today
''Yeah then the tap heats up and the wax goes all rank, just use glass cleaner,'' one such person said.
''use wd40 so much easier and the shin [shine] is beautiful,'' a TikTok fan reckoned.
Candles can be purchased at most retailers, such as Aldi, Amazon and Sainsbury's.
Although the options are many, you're better off using a tea candle, as this oftentimes costs the least.
You can nab a pile of 18 tea candles for a mere £3.99 from Amazon or a hundred-pack for a fiver from IKEA.
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you clean your home like a pro:
- How to clean your washing machine in a few easy steps
- Keep on top of cleaning your oven regularly
- Clean your shower to ensure it's always sparkling
- How to clean your microwave using cheap household items
- Here's how to get rid of that nasty limescale in your kettle
- You're cleaning your carpet all wrong – here's how to get it spotless again in no time
- Unblock a toilet without a plunger
- Clean your fabric or leather sofa in a few easy steps
- If you haven't cleaned your mattress in ages, here's how
- Steps to cleaning your dishwasher to leave it looking brand new
- This is how to clean mirrors and windows without streaking
- Keep your toilet clean in four easy steps
- Give your TV screen a once-over
- Did you know your Venetian, Roman, vertical, or roller blinds also need cleaning?
- Deep-clean your fridge in five simple steps
Source: Read Full Article