I’m a cleaning expert & use the same thing to clean everything in my house – it doesn’t stink like white vinegar either | The SunNovember 7, 2022
WE ALL know that white vinegar works on practically anything around the house – but it also stinks.
So if you can't stand the smell of vinegar lingering all over your home, then keep reading.
A cleaning expert has revealed the surprising product he uses to clean practically everything in his house and it won't leave any nasty smells behind.
On an episode of ITV's This Morning, Steve Wilson revealed he uses vodka to clean around his home.
He said: “Vodka’s really cool for all kinds of stuff. But for cleaning, it's brilliant. You can use vinegar to cut through grease and oil and stuff but it does leave a smell.”
But vodka is odourless once it has dries so makes a perfect alternative to vinegar.
READ MORE CLEANING HACKS
My sofa was covered in stains – I tried this cleaning hack and was stunned
I’m a cleaning whizz, how to reduce dust & why a lint roller is a must
All you need to do is add neat vodka to a spray bottle, Steve added you can also add a few drops of essential oils to give it a smell.
You can use the solution as a fabric spray to get rid of nasty smells such as spraying it in your shoes.
The cleaning whizz added it also works well at cleaning windows so spray it directly on and use newspapers to wipe it off for a streak-free finish.
Another great use for vodka is to give your clothes a quick refresh if you don't have time to wash them, all you need to do is spray the item down to get rid of any odours.
Most read in Fabulous
We're energy experts & people make the same mistakes when heating their homes
I’m giving my son a Christmas-inspired name – people say it’s ‘ghastly’
I'm a chemistry teacher – people say I shouldn't wear my outfits to school
I’m naming my daughter after a retail chain – people think it’s really ‘cringe’
But the drink doesn't just work on odours – it's also a great way to get stains out of clothing and carpets because it acts as a solvent.
It can work on grass, wine and sick stains by placing the stained item on a towel and blotting the affected area with a vodka-soaked cloth.
Once blotted rinse it out and repeat as necessary
You can do the same with grease stains in carpets by spraying it with vodka and blotting it with a dry cloth before wiping it away with a clean wet cloth.
Read More on The Sun
I’m obsessed with Christmas & my clever tips will make any cheap tree look luxe
We switched to a smart meter & were charged £13k in ONE NIGHT
The potent drink can also keep ants away from your house by spraying it along your doorframes.
The Express added that it’s best to choose the cheapest vodka you can find to clean surfaces and refresh fabrics.
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you clean your home like a pro:
- How to clean your washing machine in a few easy steps
- Keep on top of cleaning your oven regularly
- Clean your shower to ensure it's always sparkling
- How to clean your microwave using cheap household items
- Here's how to get rid of that nasty limescale in your kettle
- You're cleaning your carpet all wrong – here's how to get it spotless again in no time
- Unblock a toilet without a plunger
- Clean your fabric or leather sofa in a few easy steps
- If you haven't cleaned your mattress in ages, here's how
- Steps to cleaning your dishwasher to leave it looking brand new
- This is how to clean mirrors and windows without streaking
- Keep your toilet clean in four easy steps
- Give your TV screen a once-over
- Did you know your Venetian, Roman, vertical, or roller blinds also need cleaning?
- Deep-clean your fridge in five simple steps
Source: Read Full Article