I quit my job thanks to my Amazon side hustle… and have now sold $1m of items | The SunOctober 5, 2022
A COUPLE have shared how they sell $1 million worth of products on Amazon – and it’s easier than you think.
Jessica Larrew and her husband Cliff have been reselling for years and revealed how they make a living from their side hustle.
Speaking to sidehustlenation, Jess explained that finding the right product is bit of a treasure hunt.
She said: “When we go into a store, we don’t have any idea what we’re going to find.”
When looking for products to resell, Jessica and her husband say they tend to visit stores like BigLots and target certain sections.
Jess said the key is finding cheap branded products as Amazon customers are more likely to recognise them.
Read more on side hustles
I started a side-hustle selling eggs aged 9 – now my business makes millions
I’ve found the perfect side hustle, I work 15 mins a day & make £2.5k a month
And with Christmas coming up, Jess added that seasonal goods and limited edition items can also return a healthy profit.
“We’re looking for something special,” she told the outlet.
The couple designate their time scanning 30-40 items in each of the store using the Amazon seller app,
The app tells you how much the products are selling for on the website, and how much you’d make after the selling fees.
Most read in Fabulous
I’m a housewife – the reason your washing machine smells moldy & how to fix it
Paris Fury shares photo from daughter Venezuela's Vegas-themed 13th birthday
Expert warns there’s a wrong way to draw blinds at night & it's a security risk
Stunning home Charles could give Wills & Kate – but they might not want it
However Jessica and Cliff insist that you need to be careful when deciding what you choose to sell.
To begin with, a product must have at least 50% ROI, a minimum of $5 per sale and a sales rank under 150,000.
And when it comes to products, here are Jessica’s favourites:
Jessica recommends these a few categories for new sellers.
- Groceries – With the festive season us just months away, Jess suggests items such as limited edition candies, cookies, and seasonal stuff sells well. Just be wary of the sell by date!
- Health and Beauty – Shampoo, conditioner, face creams are also among the items the items sell well. Jessica says that customers are willing to spend more for discontinued items so they can keep using their favourite brands.
- Household Items – Jess says that shoppers love giving their homes a bit of TLC. So sellers should find unique items that people would use to spruce up their property.
- Toys – Popular toys and games for kids are good sellers. But beware, this category is often closed to new sellers during holiday season.
- Books – Used books sell well on Amazon. Jess suggests looking for niche-specific books, not mass-produced series because customers are less likely to find them elsewhere.
As a rule of thumb, Jessica also estimates she spends at least $1 per pound for shipping costs of these items.
However, their costs are considerably lower than other companies.
Read More on The Sun
No one turned up to my boy’s birthday – we had to change pizza order to one
Paris Fury shows off glam mum crew at Venezuela’s Vegas-themed birthday bash
If you fancy learning more about Amazon side hustles then check out this TikToker’s guide to selling products for “lazy people.”
Plus, a woman has revealed how she makes up to £200 an hour with an easy Amazon side hustle – and it’s all done from the comfort of her own home.
Source: Read Full Article